Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Map Update of TopoActive 2018.20 failed

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Map Update of TopoActive 2018.20 failed

    My device prompted me today that an update for Topoactive Map 2018.20 is available.
    Once starting the installer tells me that due to many new features the update is too large.

    From the log its size is 7.19 GB

    Which maps can i delete and how without getting XML files inconsistent?
    It should be more than one, because the largest i currently have is the Cycle Map with approx 3.5 GB

    Wonder that nobody reported it so far, several other users having this issue too.

  • #2
    They have. Numerous threads on the topic, look in the Express forum
    Currently own Drive 50LMT-D, Nuvi 2508LMT-D, Nuvi 1490LMT, Nuvi 1310, Montana 650T, Etrex 20, and use Basecamp, OSM mapping
    Previously owned Etrex Legend H, Mio Navman and used Mapsource
    (please note that I am not employed by Garmin, but am a long term user of Garmin software and hardware)

    Comment


    • #3
      this is not official. but my workaround i found out. cause i had the same problem.
      delete the topoactiv files and the cycle maps files. (gma img and unl files).
      then delete the garmindevice.xml file. disconnect the watch from the computer and reinstall with garmin express both maps.
      now you have a clean garmindevice.xml (which will be recreated after disconnecting) and a clean map install.
      try not only to delete the img files. you could have 14 gig of free space, and express will tell you, that there is not enough space.
      cheers!
      Fenix 5X

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by SUSSAMB View Post
        They have. Numerous threads on the topic, look in the Express forum
        Any Link to it? I only find the one with Western Europe 2.0 on GE 6.9 and 6.10
        But i am using 6.11.1.0 and the TopoActive 2018.20

        In the thread people are talking about it but no real solution on my used versions.
        Last edited by spucky; 02-10-2019, 11:41 AM. Reason: fixed typo

        Comment


        • #5
          Same issue for me

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Mistamb View Post
            this is not official. but my workaround i found out. cause i had the same problem.
            delete the topoactiv files and the cycle maps files. (gma img and unl files).
            then delete the garmindevice.xml file. disconnect the watch from the computer and reinstall with garmin express both maps.
            now you have a clean garmindevice.xml (which will be recreated after disconnecting) and a clean map install.
            try not only to delete the img files. you could have 14 gig of free space, and express will tell you, that there is not enough space.
            cheers!
            Hi

            This is interesting can you be more specific one the "topoactiv files"

            The cycle maps I can see gmapcycle.img and gmapcycle.unl but no "Topactiv"

            Thanks
            Mountain Bike
            Frame : Van Nicholas Tuareg Ti
            Forks : Magura TS8100mm

            Singlespeed
            Frame Pompino
            44/17 chain set

            http://minty95.wordpress.com/

            Comment


            • #7
              I installed that Topoactive 2080.20 update yesterday without any problems and I had only 1.7GB free in my watch so it's not about the free space I think.

              Comment


              • #8
                Mine failed whenI had 12mb free... so I deleted some satalite imagery.... with just 600mb free Topoactive 2080.20 loaded successfully on the watch.
                You shouldn't need much free space...as mentioned above.... if you do... could be another bug for some.
                Fenix 5x:::::::: Fenix 3hr:::::::::Vivoactive hr:::::::::Garmin nuvi:::::::::Garmin Tempe::::

                Comment


                • #9
                  Hi , same problem for my fenix 5x here in Greece. Anyone can help please?Screenshot (16).png

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by SUSSAMB View Post
                    They have. Numerous threads on the topic, look in the Express forum
                    Can you guide us to any specific thread for Fenix 5x please?Thanks!

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      have tried deleting Garmin Express and reinstallin to no avail

                      Have sent a message to which [email protected]

                      I suggest everybody does, maybe that way they will notice and answer us
                      Mountain Bike
                      Frame : Van Nicholas Tuareg Ti
                      Forks : Magura TS8100mm

                      Singlespeed
                      Frame Pompino
                      44/17 chain set

                      http://minty95.wordpress.com/

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        tactix Charlie (= Fenix 5X) with 12.40 and Garmin Express 6.11.1.0: Update to TopoActive 2018.20 failed.

                        Then I deleted (after backing up) the following files:
                        gmapprom.img, gmapprom.sum
                        gmapprom1.img, gmapprom1.sum
                        GarminDevice.xml

                        unplugged and plugged to PC, update worked.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Berns thx for the info! great to now that you only have to delete the .img and sum files. i deleted the .gma and und files too.
                          Fenix 5X

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            I still have the problem with the European Cycling Map 2017.10, no update possible.
                            Log of Garmin Express: "Garmin.Omt.Service.Operation.Map.InvalidMapInstallException: Could not determine where to install the map."
                            I think I don't have this map installed on my device, because there are no "gmapcycle" files and JaVaWa Device Manager doesn't show it.
                            Attached Files

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by jarivee View Post
                              I installed that Topoactive 2080.20 update yesterday without any problems and I had only 1.7GB free in my watch so it's not about the free space I think.
                              But what else? Express clearly states that. And the file is more than 7 GB in size which does not fit without deleting maps.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X