Fenix 5X - 11.56 Beta Release

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So far the battery life is very good. Over then last 22 hours I'm averaging .242% per hour. That is lower than FW10.56. The first 4-5 hours my usage was .18% per hour. This is with a GearMin watch face, 24hr monitoring and some smart watch notifications.

Comment

Originally posted by AgentDBCooper
      Can anyone comment on the lag when scrolling in watch?
      Scrolling to widgets and apps from a built in watchface....I have no lag at all.
      Using the CIQ watchface Digistyle with always on seconds and 17 fields active......takes only half a second to change to widgets and apps....so nice and quick.
      Battery update.....4% 12hrs :--)

Your right about the forum problems.....I can't for instance upload pics anymore.....or report spam....keep getting logged out....and the reCaptcha issue....can't edit my device list in my profile... etc...
      I'm having trouble just posting this....logged out twice!!
      Fenix 5x:::::::: Fenix 3hr:::::::::Vivoactive hr:::::::::Garmin nuvi:::::::::Garmin Tempe::::

Comment

Battery is same as beta 11 for me, no problems

Comment

Great to hear about battery life and scroll speed! Finally we're getting somewhere!!

What about GPS lock speed and accuracy?
          Elevation?
          Compass?
          Any activities yet?? GPS on and off?
          Indoor activities?
          could not tell much yet, only made a walks and indoor climbing, but my feelings compared to V11.00
          1- GPS lock speed, the same (after EPO was updated)
          accuracy tends to be even more on point, could have seen on which side of the road i walked, havent seen this before (walked any exactly same route as before) (GPS only) but this be a good day, bad day GPS Satellite position day.
          2-Elevation fealings: great. i am very happy with the elevation count. same walk before with V11.00 140 meters of ascent of a short walk. 150 meters now. (tends to be 150, because there are 2 ups and downs. (but could also depent on weather situation.
          Autocalibration of the altimeter works awesome again. just as in older Versions before the latest V11.00. no false sets anymore,
          3- Compass? same as before
          4- indoor just climbing and indoor biking: altimeter -> works great, it stays now on the current level and did not jump on the last calibrated value.. could not tell about running. or somthing indoor.
          overall, had no problems. Battery fells the same like on V11.00. so it's good.
          Fenix 5X

Comment

Battery outside activity seems ok.
            First night it was high as usual after update, 6%/11h.
            Second night 2%/8h and after that during the day 2%/6h.

Comment

usually soft reset, then express and at least 15 minutes outdoor activity fixes EPO.

Comment

It sounds like the battery life is pretty decent on this one. Elevation too.

Can anyone comment on the lag when scrolling in watch?

Has anyone tested the battery life while on activity + GPS + GLONASS?

Have you had the chance to try this latest beta? I'm curious what you think. I wouldn't pay too much attention to the changelog. It just gives you a basic idea what they've been working on.
                IMHO Total ascent is still off at least 10% negative.

I’m used to use Google Earth total ascent minus 10% as a good reference. Always work.
                In this activity (https://connect.garmin.com/modern/activity/3152195690) GE estimates 1.148m. Minus 10% equal 1.033.
                If I enable Gamin Elev. Corrections it gives me 1.008. Pretty close!!!
                But the watch gives 899m….
                This doesn’t happen with 10.51

Regards,

Comment

I've just found a small bug in the courses watch menu....
                  When scrolling through my courses list, I've noticed the course names aren't in order of the scroll....as you scroll back up you notice it more....the next course you see in the top sub window isn't the one displayed next in the main window....its hard to explain....but have a look yourselves and see if you have something fishy going on.( hope its not because I uploaded a course made in Explore.)....I'll report it Monday.
                  Activity/Navigation/ courses....
                  Fenix 5x:::::::: Fenix 3hr:::::::::Vivoactive hr:::::::::Garmin nuvi:::::::::Garmin Tempe::::

Comment

i think that happens, when you have very much courses on the watch. then in the up and down field, it displays you not the next one, more the 2nd or 3rd. delete some courses you don't need, and you see the next one again. that has been since i had the watch in every firmware.
                    i think it's not really a bug, it's more a point that you will see in wich direction you should scroll. (that is the same in some other generell Computer softwares the same)
                    Fenix 5X

Comment

Thanks Mistamp...
                      Glad its not something to do with Explore.....and you've confirmed you see it to.
                      I've 15 courses on the watch....not sure how many is allowed.

Comment

i think 30 have been the max. i had to delete one before i have got a new one synced to the watch. but i think it's not a bad thing, as it is.
                        Fenix 5X

Comment

For me this beta version 11.56 is ok ...

Comment

Originally posted by Sam201176 View Post
                            I've just found a small bug in the courses watch menu....
                            When scrolling through my courses list, I've noticed the course names aren't in order of the scroll....as you scroll back up you notice it more....the next course you see in the top sub window isn't the one displayed next in the main window....its hard to explain....but have a look yourselves and see if you have something fishy going on.( hope its not because I uploaded a course made in Explore.)....I'll report it Monday.
                            Activity/Navigation/ courses....
                            UPDATE::::::::
                            Reply from Garmin beta team ...ref course scroll bug:

Hi Sam,

Thanks for your feedback. I have seen this also and it has been recorded.

Have a good day!
                            Courtney
                            Garmin Fenix 5 Team

Comment

I noticed the HR update wasn't displaying correctly in 3rd party apps in use.

A_HR and HR are not refreshing.

The full activity it recording correctly so I can see post-ride HR. I do use this to track HR and attempt to keep within certain zones during rides so this fix would be great.

Comment

I guess this new version does not solve the 'Error occurred during installation of the update' when trying to update maps in Garmin Express, right?

Comment

Working...
                                X