No announcement yet.

Better battery life with GPS 2.30 for Fenix 5x

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Better battery life with GPS 2.30 for Fenix 5x

Couldn't find a thread specifically about improvements to battery performance of 5x after Version 11.0 and upgrade to 2.30 of GPS, so I thought I'd start one.

I tested my freshly charged Fenix 5x by putting it into 'track me' activity overnight. and was happy to see that after 12 hrs it was down only to 50%. Previously 12 hrs would have exhausted it.
    Then I went for a run for 2 hrs using a gps activity ('run'), and after that put it back into the 'track me' activity during recovery.
    Finally it got down to 5% after a total of 22 hrs of gps-ing. (Normal GPS, not Ultratrack, and no Glonass or Galileo)

This is the best I have ever seen and I am grateful to the people that made it happen. Finally the Fenix begins to live up to the promises that induced me to buy it.
    Now I can record my slow 14-hr ultras to the last minute instead of having the watch give up just before (or well before) I finish.

I hope that just having the gps on even though not moving much for a lot (most) of those 22 hrs doesn't invalidate my test. It really was on though, I can see the tangled mess it drew into the map page when I zoom in. Any thoughts?
    OtherwiseYay!

thx for testing! great to hear that. i can add 1 point too. since 11.00 i am very happy with the ascent calculation. i think that there was improvement too.
    Fenix 5X

Comment

Sweet. nice to know. Always nice to have accurate measurement for that VERT!

Comment

I was holding at 10.51 exactly because the ascent but 11.00 forced his update even though I was with AUTOUPDATE OFF. After the update the ascende has got really bad, at least for Mountain Biking.
        I’ll give one more chance and then revert back to 10.51 or 10.52 and 10.53 that are ok too. I know after 10.53 ascent got messed up again.

Comment

Originally posted by marcossaad_ View Post
          I was holding at 10.51 exactly because the ascent but 11.00 forced his update even though I was with AUTOUPDATE OFF. After the update the ascende has got really bad, at least for Mountain Biking.
          I’ll give one more chance and then revert back to 10.51 or 10.52 and 10.53 that are ok too. I know after 10.53 ascent got messed up again.
          Let me know how it went with mountain biking!
          Fenix 5X

Comment

Working...
          X