Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can I send a course from my Fenix 5X to Garmin Connect?

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I send a course from my Fenix 5X to Garmin Connect?

Can I send a course from my Fenix 5X to Garmin Connect? I have some courses that I created on Komoot and synced to my Fenix 5X. I would like to send them to Garmin Connect so I can send them to my Edge 130.

export the course from komoot as GPX, go to courses on Garmin connect and import the GPX. done

Comment

If it is an activity you've done using your watch you certainly can. Just remember to login via a real computer, not your GC phone app. The phone app is quite limited compared to logging in via a full screen web browser. Then find your activity in your calendar and open it and hit the 'gear' icon for settings and you see a bunch of options including 'create activity' and 'export'.

However, on re-reading your post, this is a course you downloaded to the watch from Komoot and you want to get it into GC. I see on my PC web login to GC that only SOME of the courses I have on my watch also show up in GC. Unfortunately, the one course I put on the watch NOT using GC DOES NOT show up on GC, so you may be out of luck. (or maybe you need to do the course so that it becomes an activity so you can re-create the course..... bit silly though.)

Perhaps you'd have more luck exporting the course from Komoot and then importing it to GC?

If anyone knows of a way to do this "watch course"->GC, I'd be interested too.

Comment

Originally posted by Tcornall View Post
        However, on re-reading your post, this is a course you downloaded to the watch from Komoot and you want to get it into GC. I see on my PC web login to GC that only SOME of the courses I have on my watch also show up in GC. Unfortunately, the one course I put on the watch NOT using GC DOES NOT show up on GC, so you may be out of luck. (or maybe you need to do the course so that it becomes an activity so you can re-create the course..... bit silly though.)

Perhaps you'd have more luck exporting the course from Komoot and then importing it to GC?

If anyone knows of a way to do this "watch course"->GC, I'd be interested too.
        That's exactly it. I want to see ALL my Courses on my 5X in GC. I would also like to manage them in GC (delete, rename, etc.)

Garmin's approach to syncing is not intuitive to me. Part of the reason I "upgraded" from a ForeRunner 235 and an Edge 520 is because they didn't sync back and forth through GC for VO2 Max, Recovery Time, etc. Except for the ANT+ receiver being too week for my Stages power meter, it all works though.

Comment

Working...
        X