No announcement yet.

'Error occurred during installation of the update'

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 'Error occurred during installation of the update'

This happens when i try to update European maps. I have the latest stable version on my Fenix 5X, (10.20) i have uninstalled - reinstalled Garmin Express, I have done all the restarts but nothing changes.

Is is supposed that the problem is fixed... https://forums.garmin.com/forum/on-t...42#post1363542
    ...but it is not!

Agree, restarted watch and attempted update today. No luck.

Same result when attempting on Windows.
    Last edited by Michael; 10-09-2018, 03:31 AM.

Comment

This is the exact same error i get.

I contacted with Garmin Support and they adviced me to delete the GarminDevice.XML file from my 5X's internal storage and restart, but nothing changed.
      Last edited by athanaso77; 10-09-2018, 05:17 AM.

Comment

Yep, same for me too.
        Fenix 5X
        Fenix 5 Sapphire Black
        Garmin foot pod
        Garmin Tempe

Comment

And me ????

Comment

I've not had any luck either. And I'm additionally having issues getting the GPS v2.30 installed. I used webupdater since garmin express didnt even ID the GPS chipset was old fw.

Comment

Oh, I'm really NOT looking forward to the v.11 update on the basis of the number of people having issues with GPS v2.30....
              Has it worked seamlessly for anyone? (I'm hoping that jetguat and others above are the unfortunate few, but fearing that they may not be.

Comment

Originally posted by Tcornall View Post
                Oh, I'm really NOT looking forward to the v.11 update on the basis of the number of people having issues with GPS v2.30....
                Has it worked seamlessly for anyone? (I'm hoping that jetguat and others above are the unfortunate few, but fearing that they may not be.
                I've not heard much bad. I sorta follow the BETA delivery threads. And the evolution of 2.10, 2.20, 2.30 seems solid. Plus that GPS firmware is in use on the newer 5x+ or whatever they are called. We'll see how it goes.

Comment

I updated to new stable 11.0 and the problem updating european maps is still there. Also after restart I get error that was a problem loading the maps and i should contact the provider!! I am so dissappointed.

Comment

When I got my fenix 5x I kicked the default maps away und use since then the free OSM maps for garmin. There are more recent anyway.

Comment

It is the same problem with me. Thought updating to 11.0 would help, but still get the error messag on the Western Europe 2.0 map

Comment

Same problem here.. Getting error message trying to update to Western Europe 2.0 map. I have version 11.0. I tried to contact support but no solution yet, very frustrating..

Comment

So it is not an individual problem as many of us have the exact same problem...

I hope someone responsible there will try to find a solution because Garmin does not accept the problem but they advice you to do some stuff that make no difference.

Please Garmin fix it... It is not that difficult!!!

Comment

I have the same problem. Why Garmin do not solve the problem?

Comment

Also can confirm - i have same problem with map update. Since moment of purchase (3 weeks ago) get 3 SW updates on watch - from v8.20 to v10.00, v10.20 and v11.00 however problem with updating European maps still persist. Check also has been done on different computers with different OS versions - Win10 and Win7 with no luck. For my understanding - all this clearly indicates that problem is not with our watches due to fact that similar problem already has been reported previously (and fixed by Garmin) by more then one people...

Comment

Working...
                              X