Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sunrise/Sunset time not adjusted for daylight savings.

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sunrise/Sunset time not adjusted for daylight savings.

Hey Everyone.

We recently had a daylight savings adjustment. My Fenix5X automatically updated with the new time zones, but the sunset/sunrise times are still out. They are behind by an hour.

I have tried to update times by synching with GPS but this has not updated the sunrise/sunset.

My second attempt to fix it was to remove the Sunrise/Sunset widget and reinstall it followed by a reboot of the device...still no luck.

Any ideas?

I also have the same issue. It is only a problem with the build-in widget for Sunset/sunrise times on the Fenix 5.

Interestingly, if I install a third party sunrise/sunset widget it works fine. It also works fine if I install Garmin's "Sun & Moon" widget from the ConnectIQ store so it would seem to be a bug in the Fenix 5 widget software.

I am located in New Zealand and our daylight savings time kicked in on 30th September. Our time zone is currently New Zealand Daylight Time GMT +13.

Due to an unrelated issue, I did a full factory reinstall and reset last week, so its probably not specific to my install. I also tried syncing with GPS and turning on/off auto time. No luck.

The build-in widget has a nicer layout that the "Sun & Moon" widget, so any word on when this will be fixed?

Comment

Unfortunately it's not a new thing and much like many other Garmin small and basic but very important oversights Garmin doesn't care.
      I can confirm the Garmin sunrise/sunset widget and the Garmin Alt time zones widget do not respect DST in any location or settings. Widgets have been off an hour for me for six months.
      Pretty basic expectations, right? No no no my friends

Comment

Hi all,

We're investigating this issue, we'd like for our widgets to be more accurate if they are causing problems for you. Could you tell us which city and country you are in? Having your location as accurately as possible will help us troubleshoot this issue the best. If you'd rather not post your location on the forums, feel free to email us at [email protected] with the subject line "Sunrise/Sunset DST, Forums"

Additionally, if you acquire a GPS fix, does that resolve the widget's inaccuracy?

Thanks,
        Mel
        Garmin Outdoor Software Quality Team

Comment

Hey Mel.

Hey am in Auckland nz

however as of this morning my Fenix won’t switch on.

I charged it it last night at 20% and now it’s dead and I have been trying to reset it but it won’t play nicely.

So dissapponting.

Comment

Originally posted by odsweng View Post
            Hi all,

We're investigating this issue, we'd like for our widgets to be more accurate if they are causing problems for you. Could you tell us which city and country you are in? Having your location as accurately as possible will help us troubleshoot this issue the best. If you'd rather not post your location on the forums, feel free to email us at [email protected] with the subject line "Sunrise/Sunset DST, Forums"

Additionally, if you acquire a GPS fix, does that resolve the widget's inaccuracy?

Thanks,
            Mel
            Garmin Outdoor Software Quality Team
            Hi Mel,
            The alt time zones widget ignored DST for IRST (Tehran) +3.30. They have just stopped DST and the widget shows the right time.
            The sunrise/sunset widget had the same issue while it works fine in London GMT +1
            A GPS fix does not resolve the issue.
            Best,

Comment

Same with the Forerunner 935. In NZ and this morning it's saying 6:42pm sunset. Actually 7:42.
              Seems like the app doesn't look up the DST table at all.

Comment

for Poland it is ok. I can see time change starting from 28 Oct

Comment

Uk timezone is correct for me now, and... changes 28th Oct, to an hour earlier scrolling through the widget.
                  Hope the issue gets corrected soon for others...
                  Last edited by Sam201176; 10-12-2018, 04:26 AM.
                  Fenix 5x:::::::: Fenix 3hr:::::::::Vivoactive hr:::::::::Garmin nuvi:::::::::Garmin Tempe::::

Comment

Same issue in Sydney, Australia.
                    On Fenix 5x plus, with SW 5.10

Daylight Savings Time (Summer Time) started a week ago.
                    A sync of the watch corrected the watch time, but the Garmin Sunrise/Sunset widget does not reflect DST change.

This also impacts adding the Sunrise/Sunset time to the watchface (data).

Bit disappointing for a $1250 watch?
                    Please update asap.

Comment

Working...
                    X