This topic is closed.
X
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thank you, i already use speed sensors and they are working fine. i do not have problems with my speed or distance measurement - and i only use gps for my personal information. my only real concern about the fenix is the elevation (and the crappy garmin connect app - ok and some other things as well :-).
    Last edited by SUSSAMB; 10-09-2018, 09:35 AM. Reason: Please don't quote the post directly above yours. It's unnecessary and simply clutters up the thread. Thanks

Comment

Hi All,
      I just logged into Garmin Express and it automatically updated my watch to 11.0. I thought this was a beta so why did it load unto my watch without me joining in the beta? After the install I have GPS version 4.4!. Reading about the ! seems to indicate a mismatch. When will this mismatch be resolved? Also lost about 5% in about 30 minutes with version 11.0 in watch mode, never had this kind of battery loss in such a short time. Did a soft restart of the watch with no observed difference.

Comment

Then 11.0 probably started rolling out as public release. It's happened before that a beta with a zero xx.0 very shortly after a release, starts to roll out as public.

Regarding !, go to settings-> system-> software update and see if there are more updates pending.
        Otherwise try to update it again via express and see if you get latest gps sw, 2.30.

Comment

The GPS calibrate function is under reporting elevation in this version. According to the prior versions, I live at 73xx feet. When I run calibrate in version 11.00 I was getting an elevation of 71xx feet. I ran calibrate multiple times on different days and it was consistently showing 71xx.

Comment

I've tested the bike ride elevation of the identical ride on two days. The ride is approximately 26 miles long round trip.

Day 1, the watch reported 1102 feet total climb. Garmin Connect elevation corrected the ride to 1150 feet and Strava elevation corrected the ride to 1228 feet.
            Day 2, the watch reported 1086 feet total climb. Garmin Connect elevation corrected the ride to 1163 feet and Strava elevation corrected the ride to 1213 feet.

These results seem more consistent than other firmware versions.

Comment

which firmware are you using? your elevation numbers are my wet dream. they are good enough for me - and nothing like my over -30%.
              Last edited by SUSSAMB; 10-09-2018, 09:35 AM. Reason: Please don't quote the post directly above yours. It's unnecessary and simply clutters up the thread. Thanks

Comment

hi guys

i just received public release 11.00 but my GPS is still 4.4! ( with exclamation mark) so do have mismatch .. i did upgrade from previous public release .. I'm not BETA user. any guidance how to get 2.3 also i do not see Galileo in GPS options

Comment

Originally posted by karco View Post
                  hi guys

i just received public release 11.00 but my GPS is still 4.4! ( with exclamation mark) so do have mismatch .. i did upgrade from previous public release .. I'm not BETA user. any guidance how to get 2.3 also i do not see Galileo in GPS options
                  I had the same issue, woke up with version 11 and GPS 4.4!. Using Garmin Connect Android did nothing, but once I connected to a computer with Garmin Express, GPS is now version 2.30.

Comment

After connecting to GE for the second time it updated the gps from 4.40! to 2.30. For now all is fine

Comment

I already installed the 11.00 beta. Do I need to/should I install the official 11.0 release version? Or are they the same?

Comment

Originally posted by addage View Post
                        I already installed the 11.00 beta. Do I need to/should I install the official 11.0 release version? Or are they the same?
                        That’s my question too. At the very least I know the GPS version is different. Sooo, how do I get the public release now since I’m on 11.0Beta?

Comment

Hi all,

The 11.00 "beta" version is identical to the 11.00 public release. We simply released it as an optional download via the beta system a few days ahead of the public release. There is no need to uninstall or reinstall anything.

Thanks,
                          Mel
                          Garmin Outdoor Software Quality Team

Comment

Working...
                          X