Fenix 5X - 10.52 Beta Release

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

why does the final release have a lower number than the beta?

Comment

I was confused by that too. Is the final release an earlier build or has this build be renumbered to 10.0.

Comment

Originally posted by essbo84 View Post
        Can anyone confirm specifically updating from 1051, that the elevation issue that existed in 920/972 etc, is still resolved in 1052?
        I would like to know this as well.

I'm hesitate to move from 10.51 to 10.52 because the elevation has been great for me!

Originally posted by bweemes View Post

Just an observation... it seems anytime I load a non-Garmin face the battery drains a bit quicker especially if there's data being updated by the second on the face such as HR or second markers. I cannot confirm, but it might be worth a try for some folks. Cheers!
        I use this watch face exclusively: https://apps.garmin.com/en-CA/apps/c...f892d0910f87#0 I went with this because I like minimal look and low battery consumption. Loading this I see no battery drain.

But again, during activity, that is when I see the most drain, which I know is normal, but my gripe is that it is draining considerably more than some of the previous 8 and 9 versions.

Originally posted by Mauricewal View Post

That's a little over 16 hours GPS time.
        not really bad is it?
        Well.. not bad-bad, but it's pretty bad when I'm getting double the drain compared to a previous version. I could do a 1 hour activity and lose about 3-4%, which is, obviously, far more preferable.

I can't complain too much about the battery life. It's not the worse it's been, but certainly not the best.
        Last edited by AgentDBCooper; 08-10-2018, 10:52 AM.

Comment

I can confirm that elevation issues fixed in 10.51 remain fixed in 10.52, also, third party watch face lag remains fixed.

Comment

Originally posted by jamesn View Post
            I can confirm that elevation issues fixed in 10.51 remain fixed in 10.52, also, third party watch face lag remains fixed.
            Nice! Thanks! Any comment on the battery life difference between the two?

Also, what the heck is "swim PR". Do you use it? Is it actually fixed?

Comment

I have no idea as I don't swim often, more of a cyclist, esp MTB so I can say with confidence that after 3 long runs in 2 days with big climbs and descents that elevation remains stable and correct.

Battery life is excellent, no noticeable change from 10.51

EDIT: swim personal record maybe?

Comment

.52 working great for ele and decent for battery. Last mtb ride the difference from strava corrected and watch was 100ft which is good enough for me. I also disabled auto update.

Comment

I've noticed this with each beta - in Garmin Express, once it Sync's it says I'm up to date, and shows I have software version 9.20. It's said that even though I had 9.71, then 9.72 and now 10.52. Note that when I let it update to the released version of 10.00, Garmin Express did say I had version 10.00, but as soon as I install the 10.52 beta it said I have 9.20 installed. The watch does show version 10.52.

Comment

Is the Garmin tides app working with this release?
                    since I updated to 10.51 I get no tide station available at you're location whileit worked before.

Comment

Negative. Tides app dont work properly.
                      Regards.

Comment

Does anyone know why these betas are not suitable for APAC devices ?
                        Fenix 5X, HRM-Swim

Comment

It is written by red they are not suitable. Not sure if anyone tried, I would probably, if I am in APAC region.

Comment

'Open water swim' is still broken (broke in 9.72 beta) for me. Almost not working. Last swim - 543meters from about 6 kilometers.

Comment

I'm using the latest beta and and keep getting cannot communicate with server errors. Anyone else?

2018-08-14 06.38.40 (GMT+10:00) | 775 | W | AvailableUpdates: updatesForDevice [xxxnxxx]: failed to retrieve update group
                              2018-08-14 06.38.40 (GMT+10:00) | 775 | I | Update Check started for device xxxnxxx
                              2018-08-14 06.38.40 (GMT+10:00) | 775 | I | MapUpdateEx Flow: UpdateCheck init xxxnxxx
                              2018-08-14 06.38.40 (GMT+10:00) | 775 | E | Error reading app info cache at /Users/xxxxxx/Library/Application Support/Garmin/Express/RegisteredDevices/xxxnxxx/IQAppInfo.plist
                              2018-08-14 06.38.40 (GMT+10:00) | 775 | I | ConsentService - getConsent:
                              2018-08-14 06.38.41 (GMT+10:00) | 775 | E | ServerRequest failed with Error:Error Domain=HttpStatusCodeErrorDomain Code=500 "(null)" UserInfo={NSErrorFailingURLKey=https://omt.garmin.com/Rce/ProtobufApi/MapUpdateService/GetPreloadedMapUpdates}
                              2018-08-14 06.38.41 (GMT+10:00) | 775 | E | Error getting map updates for [xxxnxxx]: Error Domain=HttpStatusCodeErrorDomain Code=500 "(null)" UserInfo={NSErrorFailingURLKey=https://omt.garmin.com/Rce/ProtobufApi/MapUpdateService/GetPreloadedMapUpdates}
                              2018-08-14 06.38.42 (GMT+10:00) | 60455 | I | Update Check Complete: [(null)]

Looks to be backend to me.

Comment

Originally posted by brookes2622 View Post
                                I'm using the latest beta and and keep getting cannot communicate with server errors. Anyone else?

Looks to be backend to me.

Yes I'm also having issues connecting to servers. I haven't been able to connect with Garmin Express since 1051. I've tried 1052, gone back to 920, then 1000, still no luck. Back to 1052 again. Unable to get my maps back due to this. I have also tested on multiple computers using different internet providers to no avail.
                                Last edited by essbo84; 08-15-2018, 07:34 PM. Reason: Further troubleshooting info

Comment

Working...
                                X