This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fenix 5X - 10.52 Beta Release

Hello Fenix 5X users,

We have new beta software ready for your upcoming adventures!

Fenix 5X: https://www8.garmin.com/support/download_details.jsp?id=11665
    Please note there is a 2.90 Display update included in the link above. This must be installed with 10.52 System software.
    Note: Please allow for the updates to propagate across all servers. There is no need to post that the link does not work. It will after a bit of patience.

10.52 Change Log Notes:
    • Fixed Swim PR issue.

Please send all bug reports to fenix5.beta@garmin.com, and indicate which model of the fenix 5 series you have in the subject line.

Please note, the beta updates released on these forums are not suitable for APAC region devices.

Sooo... There's a display update but the only change is a Swim PR issue fix? I don't know whether the change log is an inside joke or what, but the change log literally never includes any references to the most important changes users are seeking, just leaves everything a mystery. Is there a reason for that?

Comment

The change log contains changes/fixes in the current update - it is not a 'wish list' of stuff that might be changed in future releases. That is usually called a roadmap. Roadmaps are generally dictated by how many users are affected, how serious the issues are - and partly by how many resources are needed to fix an issue.

We should be happy they release frequent updates rather than bundling everything together in yearly releases.

Comment

I was wondering the same thing, the difference between the last update, and the one previous is night and day as far as the speed initiating the widgets, etc. However, I would rather have frequent small, incremental updates, than say one every quarter or so like Suunto does. In the Suunto forums, it's the same old thing, over and over, "When are they going to allow planned intervals", or when are they going to fix the elevation bug, or when are they..... etc. We wait a quarter, get an update, and hope that what was requested is there, if not, then it's another 3 months.. *sigh*

Comment

*facepalm* I'm saying there is more in these updates than they list in the change log and I am wondering why the change log is so vague.

Comment

Originally posted by SkylineRepublic View Post
            *facepalm* I'm saying there is more in these updates than they list in the change log and I am wondering why the change log is so vague.
            I'd have to agree with this. These updates that we get, we have very little information about it. I always have to count on someone here reporting back the real changes.

That said, anyone noticing any difference between 10.51 and 10.52? I'm curious mostly about battery life and response time. Can anyone comment yet?

Can anyone link me to the 10.51 beta? Can't find the download link anymore. It looks like the system and display both have changes. I too would like to know what these changes are.
            Last edited by AgentDBCooper; 08-07-2018, 07:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by AgentDBCooper View Post

I'd have to agree with this. These updates that we get, we have very little information about it. I always have to count on someone here reporting back the real changes.

That said, anyone noticing any difference between 10.51 and 10.52? I'm curious mostly about battery life and response time. Can anyone comment yet?

Can anyone link me to the 10.51 beta? Can't find the download link anymore.
              The download link never actually changes for F5X betas, always 11665. So once a new update comes out you can't get the old one.

Comment

The download link never actually changes for F5X betas, always 11665. So once a new update comes out you can't get the old one.
                Yeah. I figured as much. Thought perhaps there would be a repo of previous betas. Guess not. Seems strange that we lose access.

Anyways, like OP said, the only two changes are in the system software and display. I hesitate to try this. I've been very satisfied with how my watch has been running. The battery life has been better, which is what I'm really hoping for here.

Please note there is a 2.90 Display update included in the link above. This must be installed with 10.52 System software.

Comment

So far down 2% battery in ONE HOUR. Talk about two steps back.

Edit: 3% now in just over 1hr. I now have a one day watch. Can we just go back to the v4.x era? Everything was great back then from my perspective.
                  Last edited by SkylineRepublic; 08-07-2018, 09:09 PM.

Comment

Well as far as the changelog we still have the elevation bug and no canned support for text.
                    so the changelog is only given for the actual released beta version but not for all the not released versions.

Comment

Originally posted by Mauricewal View Post

Well as far as the changelog we still have the elevation bug and no canned support for text.
                      so the changelog is only given for the actual released beta version but not for all the not released versions.
                      I think those changes were already on 10.51 and changelog from 10.52 shows only changes made after 10.51, not all changes made after 9.20sw.

Comment

Originally posted by jarivee View Post

I think those changes were already on 10.51 and changelog from 10.52 shows only changes made after 10.51, not all changes made after 9.20sw.
                        Well actually they were in 9.73 according to fenix 5/5s update. That one was never released to 5x.

Comment

Originally posted by Mauricewal View Post

Well actually they were in 9.73 according to fenix 5/5s update. That one was never released to 5x.
                          Yes but 5/5s 9.73 was included in 5x 10.51sw as far as I know and also seeing the reports from 5x 10.51 beta sw.

Comment

Originally posted by AgentDBCooper View Post

Can anyone link me to the 10.51 beta? Can't find the download link anymore. It looks like the system and display both have changes. I too would like to know what these changes are.
                            The link for all Fenix software: http://gawisp.com/perry/fenix_D2_tactix/

Comment

Originally posted by Alfredo159 View Post

The link for all Fenix software: http://gawisp.com/perry/fenix_D2_tactix/
                              You sir are my hero! Now to see if I can sucker one of my co-workers into letting me see if the Descent software will install on a 5x.

Seriously though, this should be a big help for all of us looking for that “one software version” that worked best for our needs.
                              Last edited by Jbtamug99; 08-08-2018, 02:13 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X