Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nav Question - '50 course point max exceeded. Final 51 points will not be shown'

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nav Question - '50 course point max exceeded. Final 51 points will not be shown'

I hope this isn't too redundant of a question, but this happened on my last run.

I created a Course on Garmin Connect. The trail I wanted to run wasn't on the Google layer, but it was on OSM. I used OSM to create the track and then switched to Google maps before saving it. The route is about 17 miles but all on the same trail. I then loaded it onto my watch via Garmin Connect. When I went to do the course I got the error '50 course point max exceeded. Final 51 points will not be shown'. The Map and the Elevation profile all looked correct. There were a lot of un-needed TBT alerts and about half way through the run the TBT alerts just stopped.

For comparison, I have a 15-ish mile trail run that this doesn't happen on.

What happens when the course points are maxed out?

I didn't see any way to control this in Garmin Connect. How or can this be controlled?

What I know of its not controllable in GC.
    GC created 101 course points for you and cause the watch only can handle 50, the rest just do not show up. That is what the message ment.

If you would like to be in more control of where you have the course points, you need to use another service. I for instance use plotaroute.com together with gimporter widget to transfer route to watch from mobile. Better solution for me.

Comment

You can edit course points in GC....just by right clicking the course point and deleting it.......you can add more by a right click on the course.
      I usually just edit the course points before sending it to the watch.
      When I have an activity I want to change to a course.....I use course points to straighten the GPS trace for the course..then delete the extra points I created.
      Last edited by Sam201176; 07-11-2018, 01:02 AM.
      Fenix 5x:::::::: Fenix 3hr:::::::::Vivoactive hr:::::::::Garmin nuvi:::::::::Garmin Tempe::::

Comment

Sam,

in OSM mode Garmin i think will generate navigation course points automatically. They count in addition to user points (hills, etc.)

I´d like garmin to raise the limit ont he watch and let the user decide as it is very unlikely to only require 50 direction markers on short bycicle tracks or longer runs. Points are time and position sorted, so they should not slow down the device so much. Edge devices of course are more capable.

Kinds
        Last edited by SUSSAMB; 07-11-2018, 01:53 AM. Reason: Please don't quote the post directly above yours. It's unnecessary and simply clutters up the thread. Thanks

Comment

Interesting.....thanks for explaining that to me....
          I thought the points shown on the course were the only ones...... I didn't realise there was more generated automatically, I couldn't see....
          I'll bear that in mind when making longer courses...and use other software
          All the best.
          Fenix 5x:::::::: Fenix 3hr:::::::::Vivoactive hr:::::::::Garmin nuvi:::::::::Garmin Tempe::::

Comment

Working...
          X