Fenix 5X - 9.53 Beta Release

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fenix 5X - 9.53 Beta Release

Hello Fenix 5X users,

We have new beta software ready for your upcoming adventures!

Fenix 5X: http://www8.garmin.com/support/downl...s.jsp?id=11665

Note: Please allow for the updates to propagate across all servers. There is no need to post that the link does not work. It will after a bit of patience.

9.53 Change Log Notes:
    • Added GPS + GALILEO support (Activity Settings > GPS). (Requires GPS version 2.20)
    • Added abnormal heart rate alerts. Enable these in Heart Rate widget > Heart Rate options > Abnormal HR alert. An abnormal heart rate will be detected if your heart rate exceeds the entered threshold for an extended period of time while sedentary.
    • Fixed a bug causing Cadence values to be 'stuck' when not pedaling instead of returning to 0.
    • Fixed a crash seen when viewing SwimRun activities.
    • Fixed a crash sometimes encountered when selecting apps.
    • Fixed a bug causing some activities performed on multiple devices to be double-counted when viewing Training Load on Physio TrueUp devices.
    • Fixed a bug that could prevent the Fenix 5X from progressing past the initial screen when booting after a software update.
    Please send all bug reports to [email protected], and indicate which model of the fenix 5 series you have in the subject line.

Please note, the beta updates released on these forums are not suitable for APAC region devices.
    Last edited by odsweng; 06-22-2018, 02:21 PM.

Galileo support. YES!!!! Thank you Garmin
    sigpic

Comment

Galileo! thankyou Garmin! now please fix elevation gain in activities. under reporting by huge amounts every time. Failing that, sort out a default always on correction setting when uploading to connect.

Comment

Edit 2

I reapplied the GPS file again and it's updated this time - dunno what happened first time round. I'd like to say user error but not so sure! :-)

====================================

Edit 1

Erm - just installed - the GPS 2.20 update has caused my GPS version to show as 4.40(!) in the Systems settings!
        Will reboot etc to see if it sort it out. What was the rationale of moving the version umber backwards?

======================================

Brilliant - thanks very much! Off to try it out soon! :-)
        Last edited by peakrodent; 06-22-2018, 11:37 AM.

Comment

A reboot or going to the settings will force the GPS update.
          I'm only guessing but maybe the 5+ series is GPS 2.20 and that is the file we are getting??

Comment

After the first rebooot i also still had the gps shown as 4.40(!). But then another reboot and the update got installed, Now showing as 2.20.
            Prior i had 9.20 on my Fenix 5X. Now im going on a 100km bicycle ride and test the new galileo gps...

Comment

Same with me - after doing two resets and GPS showing 4.40(!) I checked on the GUPXXXX for the GPS update had not been removed, I recopied it into the folder and unplugged the watch. This time it showed the GPS update being run (took a bit of time) and now the Galileo option is available. Thanks Garmin! Looking forward to trying it out.

Comment

Very cool - thank you Garmin. In New York next month so will be able to test if Galileo really is better with its higher satellites!

Now if you could persuade my bike maker to give me the updated shock they just released for the new model of my bike, that would be great. :-)

Comment

Originally posted by leefox79 View Post
                  I'm only guessing but maybe the 5+ series is GPS 2.20 and that is the file we are getting??
                  The 5+ certainly has GPS version 2.20 so that may be it.

Comment

Good to see addition of Galileo. Curious about the HR update and if will signal my HR when dips below 30 which is my usual resting HR. "Added abnormal heart rate alerts. Enable these in Heart Rate widget > Heart Rate options > Abnormal HR alert. An abnormal heart rate will be detected if your heart rate exceeds the entered threshold for an extended period of time while sedentary."

Comment

I've never done a Garmin firmware beta. Is this any more risky than the main stream firmware?

Has anyone seen battery usage improvements over 9.20?

Will I need to re-setup all my watch settings after applying the beta FW?

Comment

I don't get it. My 5X says it has GPS4.40, as far as I know 4.40 should be a more updated version than 2.20, right?

Comment

Was wondering same re: GPS. Why back to 2.20 from 4.4?

Comment

Read the thread. There is an issue with upgrading the GPS firmware but it will work - should end up as 2.20

Comment

Originally posted by IberN View Post
                              I don't get it. My 5X says it has GPS4.40, as far as I know 4.40 should be a more updated version than 2.20, right?
                              See the posts above you need to copy the file in again and it'll prompt the GPS update on restart. Works after that!

Comment

Working...
                              X