Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Someone please explain to me how the Elevation Plot chart works...

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Someone please explain to me how the Elevation Plot chart works...

I dont understand it. For example....last night I did an overnight hike and when I started out I selected the first mountain and started going, everything looked fine...after 30 min or so I looked down and when scrolled to the elevation chart page and now its not correct....now it says im going half the elevation I was going before and then down. When I got to the first summit, I did navigation to the second summit and it was wrong. It says I was dropping 1000ft and going back up..which i was only dropping 300ft. Now I get to the second summit and navigate back to the start and its just not correct again.
    This isnt the first time this has happened, I just thought it was maybe a bug or something wrong with the elevation data in my map but I am just beginning to think maybe I dont know how its supposed to work. I thought if i started out at say 2k FT and was going to 5K feet, the left side of the chart would read 2k and the last part of the map would read 5k and the chart would show me the elevation for the trail and my progress on it. I have yet to have it work like that in any of my hikes.
    Am I missing something?
Working...
X