Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fenix 5X - 9.10 Public Release Candidate

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They might have held it a few days to resolve that sleep issue. I'm happy to let other watch owners test the initial public push. :-)

Comment

Any ETA on the Public Release?
      Doc

"Running since 1978..."

Comment

What is the latest "public" release? is it still 8.0.0? thats what I've got on mine.

Comment

Hello,

I just got a replaced Fenix 5X bevause of the problems with the cracked heart rate sensor.
          The watch is currently running firmware v8.x.

Question:
          What are the benefits upgrading to v9.10 ?

Garmin Support:
          I love (!) this watch but working for an IT solution provider, I know that my customers will go crazy if I try to sell them an Upgrade with this words:

Change History
          Changes made from version 9.02 to 9.10:
          Version bump System SW to 9.10. Please be patient as this update may take longer to install than previous versions

Can you give some more details? From my understanding you just renamed 9.02 to 9.10 ? Is this correct?

To the Community:
          Can we have one "sticky" topic where we collect all open issues (adding it to the posting) and the creater of the post adds them to the list in the first posting?
          This would allow "us" (users) to keep an open list of all open topics, which can then be edited, when a new firmware version is released.

- P.

Comment

I think the benefits are the same or similar as for the forerunner https://forums.garmin.com/forum/into...d-roll-out-100

Comment

I did the upgrade, works a charm. Did take a while for the install to "covert maps"

This one is pretty well rounded and served me well in pace, and accuracy.

Comment

Originally posted by ikim1967 View Post
                They might have held it a few days to resolve that sleep issue. I'm happy to let other watch owners test the initial public push. :-)
                Till now, when they release a stable release, they simply copy and paste changelog from previous beta, they have never resolved any new issues...

Comment

Battery drain improved from 9.02, about 10% per day. Saturday took it for an 8km run then 68km ride with >2300m ascent. All working as expected. Just recently paired it to a new android 'nokia' phone. All good here, cheers

Comment

islehopper did you ever get the "Wheel diameter computed" message with older versions and if you did has this release fixed it?
                    Trying to remember the GPS units I have owned: Garmin GPS II, Garmin GPSMap 76, Garmin Etrex Vista, Garmin Etrex Vista HCx, Garmin Etrex 30, Garmin Fenix 2, Garmin Dakota 20, Garmin Forerunner 110,

Currently owned GPS units: Garmin fenix 3 Grey Performer S/N 4630110xx software 3.30 GPS firmware 2.80, Garmin Etrex HCx, Garmin Oregon 650, Garmin nüvi 1450, iPhone 5

Comment

Not sure how that's done really. I believe diatance/tracking all done by GPS.

Comment

Watch restarted after i've tried to connect with external HRM-Tri.

Comment

Battery lasted 6 days, anyone having this issue as well? in sock, battery wise no better than a fitbit.

Comment

Do you use some custom watchfaces?
                            I did and experienced battery drains. I made a test using only Garmin watchfaces and the battery drain is 0.3% per hour (checked on a widget). I don’t know the reason why CIQ watchfaces cause battery. Wich CIQ watchfaces, I had at least 20% battery off without any activities.

Comment

Originally posted by David.33 View Post
                              Do you use some custom watchfaces?
                              I did and experienced battery drains. I made a test using only Garmin watchfaces and the battery drain is 0.3% per hour (checked on a widget). I don’t know the reason why CIQ watchfaces cause battery. Wich CIQ watchfaces, I had at least 20% battery off without any activities.
                              thanks guy, I use a custom watchfaces. thanks for the info.

Comment

Originally posted by islehopper View Post
                                Not sure how that's done really. I believe diatance/tracking all done by GPS.
                                Hi islehopper I was referring to this issue that I have found. Sorry for the confusion! https://forums.garmin.com/forum/on-t...ameter-updated
                                Trying to remember the GPS units I have owned: Garmin GPS II, Garmin GPSMap 76, Garmin Etrex Vista, Garmin Etrex Vista HCx, Garmin Etrex 30, Garmin Fenix 2, Garmin Dakota 20, Garmin Forerunner 110,

Currently owned GPS units: Garmin fenix 3 Grey Performer S/N 4630110xx software 3.30 GPS firmware 2.80, Garmin Etrex HCx, Garmin Oregon 650, Garmin nüvi 1450, iPhone 5

Comment

Working...
                                X