Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No bluetooth connection with BQ phones and Oreo 8.1.0
    Currently own: Edge 1030, Edge 1000, Fenix 3, Fenix 3 HR, Polar RC3 Tour de France, Fenix 5X
    Previously owned: Edge 500, Edge 800, Forerunner 620, Forerunner 920xt, Epix

Comment

No reason even try. No fixes to showstopper bugs. 24x7 stress, messed RHR when use bluetooth syncing. Suprise!

Comment

i just send them an email with my issues pleas do the same so they give more priority to our issues.

Comment

You can better send that list to Father Christmas ... they do know the issues. They don't care ore are not able to fix it ... !!

Comment

Very big battery drain on 8.99 with watchfaces third paty
            Garmin Fenix 5X

Comment

I posted on the 935 forum, but haven't received any responses. Anyway, I installed the 8.99 beta yesterday. I've had the following issues since that I've never had before.
              1. Widgets rearranged. I could not reorganize them using Express, only manually on the watch.
              2. I received 200 intensity minutes in a 6hr span doing nothing and HR wasn't elevated.
              3. Calibrated altimeter, saw a 3 ft elevation change in the same 6hrs and had 11 floors. Barometer was steady.
              4. Running, cycling and swimming max HR all changed. Still correct in Connect online and in the mobile app. Sync didn't correct values. I had to manually change them on the watch.
              5. Weather widget now stuck on "gathering data".
              Is anyone else experiencing these problems? I see one other person has the floors issue, but they said still broken, implying they had this issue prior to the beta. These are all a first for me.
              Last edited by TMK17; 05-13-2018, 07:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by TMK17 View Post
                I posted on the 935 forum, but haven't received any responses. Anyway, I installed the 8.99 beta yesterday. I've had the following issues since that I've never had before.
                1. Widgets rearranged. I could not reorganize them using Express, only manually on the watch.
                2. I received 200 intensity minutes in a 6hr span doing nothing and HR wasn't elevated.
                3. Calibrated altimeter, saw a 3 ft elevation change in the same 6hrs and had 11 floors. Barometer was steady.
                4. Running, cycling and swimming max HR all changed. Still correct in Connect online and in the mobile app. Sync didn't correct values. I had to manually change them on the watch.
                Is anyone else experiencing these problems? I see one other person has the floors issue, but they said still broken, implying they had this issue prior to the beta. These are all a first for me.
                2 is happenning because of 4 (which has been an issue since at least update 7.6). Get the HR zones correct, and the intensity minutes should be OK.
                5. I think the update process erases your last known location (which the widget needs to get the weather for your location). Save your location or do an activity, and the widget should have the GPS data it needs to get the weather (although it can take a few minutes to download the actual weather data).

Comment

Yes I'm experiencing exactly the same issues.....and a whole lot more known issue's and bugs that I've reported multiple times through multiple software "upgrades"(which,in my opionion, have all been downgrades in reality)
                  It's like watching the slow degradation of the 5x through each update for me....things that worked before...being neglected or just left broken....or slowed down.
                  Fenix 5x:::::::: Fenix 3hr:::::::::Vivoactive hr:::::::::Garmin nuvi:::::::::Garmin Tempe::::

Comment

I had to manually change them on the watch.
                    If I change my rest hr in app all hr data incl zones sync to watch.

Comment

Hi all,

maybe you should reset your watch once. I did it e.g. when switching to the 8.99 beta and I do not have any of this issues at all. I recognized that somehow during the 4.x software versions, that a reset makes the watch more reliable again. For me it's not a big thing because I do not use Garmin software for my training evaluation, only for tracking. My favorite evaluation tool is Trainingpeaks with WKO4.

Maybe you can give it a try (I don't know if you can backup your activities and restore it to keep your training data)

Kind regards
                      Marcus

Comment

So you do use a custom watchface and have no battery drain?
                        And the watch did not slow down when you push some bottoms.

Comment

Originally posted by DerechteKlinke View Post
                          So you do use a custom watchface and have no battery drain?
                          And the watch did not slow down when you push some bottoms.
                          I reset yesterday and today still have major lag and battery drain on IQ watchfaces

Comment

If course you have That doesn't help.
                            Let's wait what moe67er replies.
                            Can't believe ... he surely didn't read what the problem is and is using a built in watchface ...

Comment

For information, I also installed the new beta and I made a reset of mine. The GPS is more accurate but I still have battery drain with custom watchface.

Comment

I truly believe these guys at Garmin have released this version 8.99 beta just to make you think they are working at it. If you really try to work many functionalities the watch is suppose to do you most likely will be disappointed. The bugs are for real, I am not joking, no trolling, it is just a fact. Many times these dudes at Garmin have said "we got fix these bugs" the are just not telling the truth. I believe the watch software is even worst than before, yes many things work I know that, but there are many that doesn't work. If you are like me that bought this watch for it supposed functionalities then I suppose you got to be disappointed just like me, but if you bought the watch just to run once in a blue moon, and think you do sports most likely the watch works perfect.
                                Garmin is working this phone as a papa/mama store will do its customers, without care. I a sure many guys will stop buying your products do to this watch and the way you guys have been taken care of business. I am not better or worst than anyone else, but for sure I have a feeling I have been robbed with the acquisition of this watch.

Comment

Working...
                                X