This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fenix 5X - 8.99 Public Beta

Hello Fenix 5X users,

We have new beta software ready for your upcoming adventures!

Fenix 5X: http://www8.garmin.com/support/downl...s.jsp?id=11665

Note: Please allow for the updates to propagate across all servers. There is no need to post that the link does not work. It will after a bit of patience.

8.99 Change Log Notes:
    • Added support for communication with a Garmin Xero A1i Bow Sight. The Bow Sight is capable of sending Laser Locate waypoints to the watch. These are accessible from the XERO widget (Settings > Widgets > Add Widgets > XERO) and can be further used to navigate to.
    • Added support for communication with a Garmin inReach Mini. (Settings > Widgets > Add Widgets > inReach) The widget acts as a remote and allows one to send preset texts, customized quick texts and trigger a SOS message.
    • Added support for selecting alternate locations within the Sunrise and Sunset widget. (Widget > Menu > Location)
    • Added support for Garmin Vector 3 power meter software updates.
    • Fixed a possible crash that could occur when downloading stored heart rate data from a Garmin HRM-Tri or HRM-Swim.
    • Improved the accuracy of the pace/speed target gauge during workouts.
    Please send all bug reports to fenix5.beta@garmin.com, and indicate which model of the fenix 5 series you have in the subject line.

Please note, the beta updates released on these forums are not suitable for APAC region devices.

This includes GPS 4.30 it appears (based on the folder name). I believe i am already on 4.40.

Comment

Thanks, Garmin! Can't wait to try it out.

Comment

Watch still lags when using any CIQ watch face, which is all I've been able to check so far.

Comment

Originally posted by nmyeti View Post
          This includes GPS 4.30 it appears (based on the folder name). I believe i am already on 4.40.
          Having done all the aspects of the update, it still shows 4.40 on the watch.
          Buen Camino

David

Comment

I noticed that it still shows 4.40 after the update as well.

Agree that the lag with a CIQ face is quite bad.

Comment

Storm alert is still buggy... every time you calibrate altimeter with storm alert on, it triggers alarm...

Comment

So no bug fixes for the 5x software problems I and others have reported?..just more features again...very disappointing for me.....
                All four 5x's Ive owned have the same problems for me,and they are all well known reported bugs.

Intensity mins
                Elevation
                Navigation ( courses)
                triple alert bug
                stress score
                processor speed....etc...etc....

I would have preferred some of the broken or lost features to be addressed.....fingers crossed for the next beta....

Fenix 5x:::::::: Fenix 3hr:::::::::Vivoactive hr:::::::::Garmin nuvi:::::::::Garmin Tempe::::

Comment

How disappointing! None of the bugs (told since nearly 2 month) corrected? Shame on you Garmin ... !!

Comment

Originally posted by Sam201176 View Post

I would have preferred some of the broken or lost features to be addressed.....fingers crossed for the next beta....
                    The problem is that we can't cross finger every time for all life cycle of this piece of overpriced c**p watch! The watch should works fine without any superstitious gesture . They can't every time add new (buggy) feature without resolve previous bug! They simply add bug on bug with less and less chance to solve older ones!

Comment

The counting floors still borken : i climb floors without even climbing.Good job Garmin!

Comment

Originally posted by renton82 View Post

The problem is that we can't cross finger every time for all life cycle of this piece of overpriced c**p watch! The watch should works fine without any superstitious gesture . They can't every time add new (buggy) feature without resolve previous bug! They simply add bug on bug with less and less chance to solve older ones!

I agree 100 % with you.....I was being sarcastic when I said " fingers crossed"
                        I'm fed up to the back teeth with reporting the same bugs time and time again......but that's all i can do... report...report....send more files etc etc....
                        Instead of us all individually sending reports off to Garmin as they ask in this thread,it would be better if they just looked at this thread...so all bugs are reported in one place...nice and conveniently wrapped in one single report.
                        I also wish they would be more active in these forums.....and provide more detailed changes in watch/ background and GCM software updates, so we can provide the most relevant feedback and avoid these older issue's not being addressed and overlooked.
                        Fenix 5x:::::::: Fenix 3hr:::::::::Vivoactive hr:::::::::Garmin nuvi:::::::::Garmin Tempe::::

Comment

I agree with you. A lot of bugs. No bug corrected.
                          Regards

Comment

What about the TBT feature that does not work anymore ? Are you guys playing with our nerves ?

Comment

Brownie after brownie, Garmin your smell sting.

Comment

Working...
                              X