No announcement yet.

bluetooth issues between garmin 5x and android oreo 8.1

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bluetooth issues between garmin 5x and android oreo 8.1

Since i updated my mobile phone to android oreo 8.1 (my phone is a bq x-pro), if i get out of range with the garmin fenix 5x, i lose connection and cannot connect again to the phone.

It doens't pair with garmin connect mobile, and it doesn't even recognize the watch.

The only way to solve this is to remove the watch from the phone bluetooth devices and pair it again with garmin connect mobile.

And everytime the watch gets out of reach of the phone, i must do that again (remove and re-pair).

It didn't happen with android 7.

Is there a solution for this ? I have allready did a hard reset to the android phone, but the problem remains.

I've seen other people with the same problems in other foruns.

I am using a Google Pixel 2 XL phone running android 8.1 with a fenix 5x for several months. Up to now I never had a problem with the bluetooth connection between these two devices.

Comment

Same Problem Here, bq aquaris x pro with android 8.1, Fenix 5x 8.0.0. Pairing Works, after 5 minutes the Watch does not reconnect any more. But in the phone connection menu, the watch is still connected, only the garmin app does not recognize the watch.
      only Option: new pairing through the app....all Others bluetooth-devices are working without any problems...
      I guess this is no phone or Android Problem.

Comment

Same here. Sync between FR230 an bq Aquaris Pro is not possible after upgrade to Android 8.1. Tried everything. The watch will be recognized, but a connection is not possible. Maybe the BT-Chip is causing the trouble?

Comment

Originally posted by Andreas View Post
          Same Problem Here, bq aquaris x pro with android 8.1, Fenix 5x 8.0.0. Pairing Works, after 5 minutes the Watch does not reconnect any more. But in the phone connection menu, the watch is still connected, only the garmin app does not recognize the watch.
          only Option: new pairing through the app....all Others bluetooth-devices are working without any problems...
          I guess this is no phone or Android Problem.
          The same problem, but my Fenix 5x has a 8.54

Comment

I have a FĂȘnix 3 and a FĂȘnix 5x and Two Bq X-pro. Everything was fine before android Oreo 8.1. Now both of them don't work. We must all report this to garmin

Comment

Did you upgraded the connection? There is a sticky thread in android forum that shows how to do it. The procedure will switch to the standard BLE connection.

Comment

Hi,
                I've tried the upgrade process several times, and after 5-10 minutes it does not recognize it anymore

Comment

Here the same problem, BQ Aquaris X-Pro, and fenix 3, 3HR and 5X, they have never connected to the phone anymore but yes my Edge 1000 and my edge 1030, strange
                  Currently own: Edge 1030, Edge 1000, Fenix 3, Fenix 3 HR, Polar RC3 Tour de France, Fenix 5X
                  Previously owned: Edge 500, Edge 800, Forerunner 620, Forerunner 920xt, Epix

Comment

In the last Garmin Connect Mobile App, connection issues were addressed.

Make sure that you are at the latest version of Garmin Connect Mobile App.
                    If the Garmin Connect app is up to date, please do the following in this order:
                    Unpair your fenix from your phone
                    Turn your phone Off and then On
                    Turn on Device Connection Aid (Open Garmin Connect App -> Apps Menu {Three Bars} -> Settings -> Device Connection Aid)
                    Pair your fenix to your phone

If that doesn't work, reach out to us through our Product Support channels (phone, email, or chat) so that we can work with you directly.

Comment

I did it and I only had 5 minutes of connection, then it was disconnected and we stayed the same without connection.
                      Currently own: Edge 1030, Edge 1000, Fenix 3, Fenix 3 HR, Polar RC3 Tour de France, Fenix 5X

Comment

I have the same problem with 2 Bq aquaris X-pro...

I connect garmin fenix 5X to one and garmin fenix 3 to another.

None of the work after i loose connection.

I need to clear app cache and data, then bluetooth cache and data, and pair the watches again... but when i get out range they don't connect anymore (fenix 3 and fenix 5x).

I have the latest firmware in fenix 3 and the last beta in fenix 5x.

So far i have:
                        1) hard reset both watches;
                        2) hard reset both phones;
                        3) turned on connect aid;
                        4) turned off connect aid;
                        5) turn on and off the baterry optimization on the phones in the connect iq app and bluetooth app;
                        Etc, etc...

Nothing works....
                        Both watches connected well before the android oreo 8.1.0 update.

Bq Aquaris phones have allmost a stock android version.

I had garmin fenixs since the version 3 came out and always Bq phones.... This has happened before in the last 3 or 4 years... It is always solved by a watch firmware update or a connect mobile update.
                        Last edited by aribeirosousa; 05-08-2018, 03:12 PM.

Comment

We do not know anything else?
                          BQ users have run out of bluetooth

Comment

Another user that has a non-smart watch after oreo update.

What I've tested and the result is allways the same (after losing connection, never reconnects):
                            -Hard reset phone (bq aquaris x with oreo)
                            -Hard reset my vivoactive HR
                            -Connecting my bq to a fenix 5
                            -Connecting my vivoactive to and nexus 6P (with oreo)

There's one thing clear for me: garmin had not tested his devices/app with, at least, the most known phones of android (nexus 6P i.e.)

Onlt this works: connecting my vivoactive to my old nexus 4 (non oreo, of course)

How much time are we going to not be able to use a device we have paid??

Comment

Even with the new beta firmware, the problem remains. We all need to send emails to Garmin

Comment

Working...
                              X