This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi, I have the exact same problem, I uploaded a video about it 10 days ago:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8zgHWJnGvfY

A factory reset didn't change anything, beside that I had to redo all my settings / customatisation on the watch all over again.

Comment

New Fenix 5X arrived today (birthday present), however also failed to install the updated Europe Map.
      No problem however with my wife's Fenix 5X.
      Strange.........
      Last edited by Edzo; 05-09-2018, 01:04 PM.
      Edge 1030, Fenix 5X and Oregon 650

Comment

Same problem here. Bought yesterday Fenix 5X and could not update Europe map 4.0. MacOS High Sierra.

Comment

Hello Garmin!?
          Having issues with my new Fenix 5x and with my Edge 1030 still waiting for any reaction and solution for this issues.
          When connecting the Fenix 5x to Garmin Express it keeps synchronising, even when disconnecting the Fenix from the PC.
          Edge 1030, Fenix 5X and Oregon 650

Comment

Please be very cautious and be sure of what you're doing, if you follow this... I expect you to be familiar enough with garmin devices and your computer to find your way to the mentioned folders!

I had the same problem, but I thought it was my fault because I uploaded other maps to the device:
            1) backup the two files gmapprom.img and gmapprom1.img in the base directory of the watch.
            2) in the application data folder of your PC navigate to the garmin folder.
            3) there soemwhere deep inside you will find two folders which both contain a gmapprom.img file. (each around 2.5 GBs in size)
            4) i renamed one of those to gmapprom1.img, deleted the to files on the garmin device (after the backup of course - in case something goes SNAFU) and put them in the same folder

voila, the new maps are installed...

(your mileage may vary, and please take very much care what you're doing) I'm not responsible for any deleted maps on your device!

Update: Although 4.0 Topoactive is installed, Garmin Express still wants to update the map... so, updated data, but still the update reminder in Garmin Express
            Last edited by zuus; 05-14-2018, 03:08 AM. Reason: Status Update

Comment

Originally posted by zuus View Post
              Please be very cautious and be sure of what you're doing, if you follow this... I expect you to be familiar enough with garmin devices and your computer to find your way to the mentioned folders!

I had the same problem, but I thought it was my fault because I uploaded other maps to the device:
              1) backup the two files gmapprom.img and gmapprom1.img in the base directory of the watch.
              2) in the application data folder of your PC navigate to the garmin folder.
              3) there soemwhere deep inside you will find two folders which both contain a gmapprom.img file. (each around 2.5 GBs in size)
              4) i renamed one of those to gmapprom1.img, deleted the to files on the garmin device (after the backup of course - in case something goes SNAFU) and put them in the same folder

voila, the new maps are installed...

(your mileage may vary, and please take very much care what you're doing) I'm not responsible for any deleted maps on your device!

Update: Although 4.0 Topoactive is installed, Garmin Express still wants to update the map... so, updated data, but still the update reminder in Garmin Express
              Hello Zuus,

No, it's not your fault because I had the same problem when my 5X was connected to Express MacOs the first time on 5th May .

I resolved the issue the next day and I used the same solution as you.

I have something to add :

We need a PC, in Mac it doesn't work: the two img files are missing in Mac and only exists in PC; Mac doesn't support copy-paste with a big img file.

Finally, we have always the same error message in Express with above solution.

Personally there are not so much differences between the V3 and V4. I suggest waiting the official solution.

Léo

Comment

We are still looking into this issue and we appreciate your patience.

We will update this thread once this issue has been fixed.

Comment

Same problem here.

Comment

Same problem. Please do something

Comment

Same issue. I've bought a Fenix 5X a week a go and it was, and still is impossible to update with Garmin Express. I am very disappointed, especially for the "flagship" at 700 bucks...

Comment

Synchro OK and Garmin Express is updating the maps.

Kudos to the developers who fixed that, now it works

Comment

I can confirm as well that it works now. Took some time to fix it but it works nonetheless.

Thank you.

Comment

Confirming as well. It's working.

Comment

solved!!!

Comment

Bravo garmin.excellent work.everything is ok.

Comment

Working...
                                X