Fenix 5X - upload Europe map

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fenix 5X - upload Europe map

Hi everyone,

got myself a new Fenix 5X last week. Went on a bikepacking trip last week across Switzerland. When I cam back home, installed the latest Garmin Express on my laptop and it said new maps were available. Installed every single map, expect the Europe 4.0.

Tried to hard reset the Garmin Fenix 5X, erase all the data on the computer from my older Fenix 3 watch and older Garmin Express version, but still won't be able to install it.

Any suggestion how I could proceed?

Got a Windows 10 Home Edition, if this may help.

Thanks in advance for all your help.

moerph, We are going to reach out to you via the email address that is assigned to your Garmin Connect forums account so that we can get some files from you. That will give us more information so we can better troubleshoot the issue you are running into.

Comment

same issue for me

Comment

same for me

Comment

Originally posted by Garmin-Heath View Post
          moerph, We are going to reach out to you via the email address that is assigned to your Garmin Connect forums account so that we can get some files from you. That will give us more information so we can better troubleshoot the issue you are running into.
          marvin.dossi@gmail.com would be better. Tried to send you a PM, but it wouldn’t work.

Thanks in advance

Comment

Same for me

Comment

I have the same issue with exactly the same map when I try to do update. Please help.

Comment

We are looking into this issue and will post when we have more information.

Comment

Hello,

Strictly the same problem here.

Philippe

Comment

Originally posted by moerph View Post
                    Hi everyone,

got myself a new Fenix 5X last week. Went on a bikepacking trip last week across Switzerland. When I cam back home, installed the latest Garmin Express on my laptop and it said new maps were available. Installed every single map, expect the Europe 4.0.

Tried to hard reset the Garmin Fenix 5X, erase all the data on the computer from my older Fenix 3 watch and older Garmin Express version, but still won't be able to install it.

Any suggestion how I could proceed?

Got a Windows 10 Home Edition, if this may help.

Thanks in advance for all your help.
                    Same for me, looking at the logs there is some issue with maps activation.
                    One day after posting issue on this forum Garmin contacted me directly. I've sent them logs. They're working on it.

Comment

Same issue for me...

Comment

Same issue for me.
                        I also have an EDGE 1000 and there is the same issue when trying to install new Europe map.

Comment

Same problem here...

Comment

Same issue for me. All the other maps are correctly updated
                            Last edited by MaxBro68; 05-06-2018, 06:07 AM.

Comment

Update: Garmin support suggest me to make a master reset (ALL DATA WILL BE ERASED)

In your experience, after a master reset will I lose my settings (watchfaces, apps, etc) or will I lose my activity records too?

Comment

Working...
                              X