No announcement yet.

battery drain overnight

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• battery drain overnight

Hi, it happened only once, but I really hope it will never happen before a race. I charged my garmin in the evening to 100% and disconnected it from charger than put it no my arm. In the morning I saw only 10%! It never happened before. I manage to charge it using a powerbank while biking to 55% and continued the ride. Now it is still 34% so it is discharging in right speed. But why it happened from 100% to 10% in just about 7 hours?

It looks like an activity with the GPS was on. It could be a fumble in the night triggering an activity ?

Comment

Originally posted by NemoSandman View Post
      It looks like an activity with the GPS was on. It could be a fumble in the night triggering an activity ?
      That was my 1st thought, but there is nothing in history. So after 7h it would stop and discard just by coincidence? Weird...

Comment

wojtek_b, can you double check that your software is up to date and at v8.00 (Settings->About). If it is, please charge your watch fully and see if you have an issue tomorrow. If that doesn't work, reach out to us through our Product Support channels (phone, email, or chat) so that we can work with you directly.

Comment

Thanks for response Garmin-Heath - The watch is still running on battery since the charging on Sunday, It is running on v8.00. I will charge it fully and check if it happens again.

Comment

I have had that happen before after taking it off charge from the computer - seemed like some process was running and draining the battery. I noticed it dropped 10 percent in like an hour. I restart the watch and it was correct again.

Comment

Working...
            X