Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Can't Unlock Maps" Error after update

I connected to my laptop and got a message that there were several updates to maps for the Pacific as well as North and South America. The map update installed, but I get an error on my watch saying that the maps can't be unlocked, and I have to push the "ok" acknowledgement for the watch to resume startup.. I have tried a few full shutdowns and restarts with the same error. My local 24K maps seem fine so it must just be the global maps affected. The watch face also loads fine. Any suggestions for solving this? Thanks Team!

I would like advice regarding this as well.

Comment

I had that same issue when I got my second new unit and after some sync it has disappeared...

Comment

Hi,

Unfortunately that hasn't been my case, but I will give it a few more shots, I have rung and emailed Garmin over this issue and sadly no dice!

Thanks though,
        Last edited by SUSSAMB; 04-16-2018, 10:11 AM. Reason: Please don't quote the post directly above yours. It's unnecessary and simply clutters up the thread. Thanks

Comment

Is there no suggestion or update on this error?

Comment

If the issue occurred as a result of updating the maps, ensure that Garmin Express is up to date and reinstall the maps. If the device is being updated on a Windows computer, be sure to use the Safely Remove Hardware option (if available) after the update has completed. Even though the update appears to complete, the write-caching feature on some computers may have not completely built or transferred the map to the device. Ejecting the device before disconnecting it can prevent this error.

Comment

Thank you for responding. Reinstalling the maps and carefully disconnecting from my Windows laptop fixed the issue!
              Last edited by SUSSAMB; 04-16-2018, 11:46 AM. Reason: Please don't quote the post directly above yours. It's unnecessary and simply clutters up the thread. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by S6n4d89 View Post

Thank you for responding. Reinstalling the maps and carefully disconnecting from my Windows laptop fixed the issue!
                That is great to hear that you got it working!

We are going to close down this post since the issue is fixed.

Comment

Working...
                X