No announcement yet.

Fenix 5X - 8.54 Public Beta

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dexter101010 View Post
    Get use to it.They don't listen and they will update the watch slower and slower from now on.It all start with a few weeks back.I think they are busy with another watch that they want to release so those who buyed fenix5 series we are out of the boat.This is something normal for Garmin!Shame on them...
    Not only by Garmin Samsung and all other firms are the same
    Garmin Fenix 5X

Comment

Originally posted by Kees View Post
      Not only by Garmin Samsung and all other firms are the same
      Youth bugs are common for all firms, but here, we are talking about a product released about 1 year ago and i'm not talking about this beta, also 8.00 it is stable only in name! And we are not talking about some minor bug!

Comment

I have no idea when I'll have my F5X back but I'm happy to see things are carrying on, regardless.
        F5X - SN# 54H007158 - SDM4, GSC10t, Tempe, HRM Swim, HRM Tri
        Fenix5x Manual

Comment

Has anyone else tried wifi sync with DNS set to 1.1.1.1 on this firmware? I'm seeing some issues and i'm wondering if they are related to my ISP or Garmin.

Comment

Sam201176 Which benchmarking app are you using to evaluate device performance? There are a few published to the store that I'm aware of, but perhaps you have one of your own.

Originally posted by Sam201176 View Post

Hi,what part of the watches functionality do you find slower apart from the GPS fix.
            Updates after 6.0 (using an IQ benchmark score)..the 5x has gone from a score of 161 down to 98! for IQ prg's.
            (games run slower)
            Or are you refering to the standard inbuilt functions of the watch.

Comment

Hi Brandon....

It was the " Wolf Benchmark" application in the IQ store...good info in the reviews to... :--)

Fenix 5x:::::::: Fenix 3hr:::::::::Vivoactive hr:::::::::Garmin nuvi:::::::::Garmin Tempe::::

Comment

Huge battery drain, erratic battery level reading, apparently hrv log don't work.

Comment

Originally posted by Sam201176 View Post
                  Hi Brandon....

It was the " Wolf Benchmark" application in the IQ store...good info in the reviews to... :--)
                  Okay, thanks--I'm familiar with that one. As you can imagine, third party benchmarking apps aren't official Garmin tools, so we can't guarantee that they'll accurately measure device performance. That said, I do think these are at least a good relative indicator of device performance, so the device team is investigating.

Comment

Originally posted by lalex View Post
                    Huge battery drain, erratic battery level reading, apparently hrv log don't work.
                    I can confirm that r-r file is unreadable by Firstbeat and SP3.

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon.ConnectIQ View Post

Okay, thanks--I'm familiar with that one. As you can imagine, third party benchmarking apps aren't official Garmin tools, so we can't guarantee that they'll accurately measure device performance. That said, I do think these are at least a good relative indicator of device performance, so the device team is investigating.
                      That's great news Brandon!!!
                      More info....
                      I'm not a developer, but have worked with developers in the IQ environment and I'm mentioned in some of the game apps, what we've found is.........

Some games are now running slower.....or had to be compromised.
                      When Tetris was written,on the insane level...on v6.0 5x, the level was fastest.....now its the same as hard and normal levels because the processor can't handle the speed.
                      Or Pyramid solitaire.....now laggy after updating after 6.0.
                      Fitpairs..now laggy on 16x16
                      Brickout....very laggy on hard. Etc etc......
                      All these games were written with the faster processor and had no lag at all,Devs are aware.
                      All the best. :--)

ps. I reported it to product support last week...with a phone call and an email.....and then a follow up phone call.
                      Last edited by Sam201176; 04-10-2018, 03:46 AM. Reason: Extra info
                      Fenix 5x:::::::: Fenix 3hr:::::::::Vivoactive hr:::::::::Garmin nuvi:::::::::Garmin Tempe::::

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon.ConnectIQ View Post

I checked Tree Benchmark app with Fenix 5X and in the past it had a score about 2700. But after some software updates it went down to about 1800...

Comment

Originally posted by gaijin View Post

odsweng any info on this, please?

TIA
                          If I try to load this Beta on my tactix Charlie, will it work?

Any help?

TIA

Comment

Some FB users are reporting the recovery times are no longer cumulated between activities (public version, not beta).
                            I.E. when you run and have 65 hours recovery time, the next day you walk and have 0 and it used to be 65-24= 41 hours still to go. Directed to report via E-mail.

No idea, can't test it myself (you know why).
                            F5X - SN# 54H007158 - SDM4, GSC10t, Tempe, HRM Swim, HRM Tri
                            Fenix5x Manual

Comment

My VO2Max it decreasing without using chest strap or doing any activiy with a chest strap.I am not sure what is the reason and how the watch is doing this.I know that you need to do an activity for watch to calculate your VO2Max.I am using this beta software.

Comment

So, on the battery drain issue. I'm not entirely sure that the battery is draining fast, rather the algorithm for reporting battery usage is wrong. For example, when I first installed 8.54 beta, I noticed a large apparent drop in battery usage when taking the watch off charge at 100%. I installed the battery analyser widget which showed 21% per day drain. When my battery was >70%, I would have a daily usage shown as between 14 and 21%. Since letting my battery drop down further (currently at 41%), battery analyser shows an estimated daily usage of only 6% and usage has indeed slowed down.

Edit: disregard....battery fell from 41% to 23% rapidly over the next 12hrs.
                                Last edited by TheOtherPhil; 04-16-2018, 12:21 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X