No announcement yet.

No smart notifications Fenix 5X

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No smart notifications Fenix 5X

Just got a Fenix 5x and I can't get the smartphone notifications to work on my watch. I have all smart notifications on for both during and not during activity. The alert is set to vibration. In the Tones section Vibration is on as well as alert tones. The settings are the same on my watch and mobile garmin connect. Any suggestions??

You also need to allow some permissions (contacts, sms, etc) to Garmin Connect in your phone settings. Than you'll be able to get notofications.
    fenix® 3 Sapphire
    fenix® 5X

Comment

How do I do that on my iPhone?

Comment

Originally posted by quiksetz View Post
        Just got a Fenix 5x and I can't get the smartphone notifications to work on my watch. I have all smart notifications on for both during and not during activity. The alert is set to vibration. In the Tones section Vibration is on as well as alert tones. The settings are the same on my watch and mobile garmin connect. Any suggestions??
        I have the same problem. I've had the Fenix 5X for about 2 weeks now and frankly, I'm pretty disappointed with it. 1st, the screen sucks. Let's face it, if you aren't in direct sunlight or a very brightly lit room, you have to use the backlight every time you look at it. But that's off subject... Let's talk about the problems with functionality:
        1) Notifications work for random lengths of time. YES, I have checked the "Do not disturb" settings and they are set to Disturb All of the Time despite the fact that I DON'T want to receive while I'm sleeping, however I switched to always disturb in order to try and resolve this issue. I've checked the app settings for which notifications are sent to the watch and it's set to ALL. I've checked the phone settings (Galaxy Note8) and it's set to share with Garmin Connect. I've checked the Bluetooth settings and watch IS connected to phone... Syncs data with phone and everything. AFTER POWERING THE FENIX 5X OFF AND BACK ON, it will begin to receive all notifications but who knows for how long, sometimes a couple hours, sometimes a few minutes, once it lasted 3 full days. GARMIN NEEDS TO FIX THIS ISSUE. I PAID $700.00 US FOR THIS WATCH. I expect it to work!
        2) First time with this new problem so I'm not going to panic yet but last night it didn't track my sleep. It is pretty accurate in regard to what time I went to bed and got up but on the tracker but it shows "No sleep level data. To receive sleep data, wear our Garmin device at night." I assure you I was wearing it. And yes I've enabled Auto-Detect in the watch settings.

Does ANYONE have a fix for this? GARMIN, if you're reading this, can you fix this or is my watch defective? I cannot have something this expensive that doesn't work. Please help

Comment

I have an LG V20 phone running Android 7.0. I also lose smart notifications to the watch randomly, and a power cycle of the watch restores them for awhile.

Comment

Originally posted by Jay2018 View Post

I have the same problem. I've had the Fenix 5X for about 2 weeks now and frankly, I'm pretty disappointed with it. 1st, the screen sucks. Let's face it, if you aren't in direct sunlight or a very brightly lit room, you have to use the backlight every time you look at it. But that's off subject... Let's talk about the problems with functionality:
            1) Notifications work for random lengths of time. YES, I have checked the "Do not disturb" settings and they are set to Disturb All of the Time despite the fact that I DON'T want to receive while I'm sleeping, however I switched to always disturb in order to try and resolve this issue. I've checked the app settings for which notifications are sent to the watch and it's set to ALL. I've checked the phone settings (Galaxy Note8) and it's set to share with Garmin Connect. I've checked the Bluetooth settings and watch IS connected to phone... Syncs data with phone and everything. AFTER POWERING THE FENIX 5X OFF AND BACK ON, it will begin to receive all notifications but who knows for how long, sometimes a couple hours, sometimes a few minutes, once it lasted 3 full days. GARMIN NEEDS TO FIX THIS ISSUE. I PAID $700.00 US FOR THIS WATCH. I expect it to work!
            2) First time with this new problem so I'm not going to panic yet but last night it didn't track my sleep. It is pretty accurate in regard to what time I went to bed and got up but on the tracker but it shows "No sleep level data. To receive sleep data, wear our Garmin device at night." I assure you I was wearing it. And yes I've enabled Auto-Detect in the watch settings.

Does ANYONE have a fix for this? GARMIN, if you're reading this, can you fix this or is my watch defective? I cannot have something this expensive that doesn't work. Please help
            I have the same issue, the only workaround i found is clear bluetooth data and cache inside my Galaxy s8 application menu. You can notice also that if you leave garmin connect open on your smartphone and try to edit watchface or widget, the watch seems disconnect and reconnect.

Comment

Working...
            X