This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fenix 5X - 7.93 Public Beta

Hello Fenix 5X users,

We have new beta software ready for your upcoming adventures!

Fenix 5X: http://www8.garmin.com/support/downl...s.jsp?id=11665

Note: Please allow for the updates to propagate across all servers. There is no need to post that the link does not work. It will after a bit of patience.

7.93 Change Log Notes:
    • Improved resting heart rate measurement.
    • Fixed Bluetooth connectivity issues with Huawei phones.
    • Fixed a potential issue causing the backlight to not turn on when pressing keys.
    • Fixed a potential issue preventing alerts from being added.
    • Fixed an issue causing updates to the Lengths data field to be delayed during Pool Swim activities.
    Please send all bug reports to fenix5.beta@garmin.com, and indicate which model of the fenix 5 series you have in the subject line.

Please note, the beta updates released on these forums are not suitable for APAC region devices.

Thanks for the beta,
    Is the "crazy compass" issue while navigating fixed?

It appears to me that compass is interfering with map readings. It was almost impossible to decide which direction should I run (left, right, straight ahead) in order to follow the course by looking at the map, as it kept rotating the map all the time. Only after a couple of seconds of holding my arm fixed (not so easy when running below 4'/km) watch would "fix" it's position and rotate the map in way that 12 hour would correspond to movement direction.
    Fenix 5 - „X” specific - missing features – list updated for current firmware

Comment

Let's wait for Renton to confirm the pool length issue has been resolved. I had thought this could be a data field problem but hadn't considered the problem was a possible delay in the update... such a delay would cause trouble at the block since in order to get the exact timing you must hit the lap button as soon as humanly possible when you complete the set.

Sorry Od, I'm gonna have to pass on this one too and God knows how many more.
      Been a month without my second, broken, F5X and now Garmin is gonna have a difficult time ahead. I trust you've been told what's goin on.
      F5X - SN# 54H007158 - SDM4, GSC10t, Tempe, HRM Swim, HRM Tri
      Fenix5x Manual

Comment

I can confirm that pool length issue is finally solved!

Comment

What was done to the RHR calculations? Are we still using an average across sleeping hours?

I woke up this morning and my RHR was already set at 49. Within half an hour of getting up I had registered a heart rate of 39 but the RHR value did not update as it should have.

Comment

I would also like to ask about what the specific changes are to the RHR algorithm. Thanks!

Comment

Issue solved with firmware 7.93beta for fenix 5x.
              Connection between huawei p8lite and fenix 5x is now stable with gps activated too.

Comment

Originally posted by b1azk0 View Post
                Thanks for the beta,
                Is the "crazy compass" issue while navigating fixed?

It appears to me that compass is interfering with map readings. It was almost impossible to decide which direction should I run (left, right, straight ahead) in order to follow the course by looking at the map, as it kept rotating the map all the time. Only after a couple of seconds of holding my arm fixed (not so easy when running below 4'/km) watch would "fix" it's position and rotate the map in way that 12 hour would correspond to movement direction.
                Hi,
                Ive had the same problem in the past.
                Do you use a metal stainless steel bracelet?
                or the rubber strap?.
                Fenix 5x:::::::: Fenix 3hr:::::::::Vivoactive hr:::::::::Garmin nuvi:::::::::Garmin Tempe::::

Comment

I'm using stock rubber strap.

Didn't have this sort of issues a couple of firmware versions back. I'm sure it's been introduced recently.

What drives me crazy is that this things pop up from now and then... They manage to fix things like dissapearing maps, not picking up a course after it's been started in a different start position and so on, but in the mean time they brake stuff that was working just fine.
                  Plus, they don't even bother to acknowledge there is a bug when clearly this is not a case of N=1 problem scenario...
                  Last edited by b1azk0; 02-07-2018, 05:29 AM.
                  Fenix 5 - „X” specific - missing features – list updated for current firmware

Comment

I have reported many time to beta team a bug in barometer arrow trend: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpq319TzqkY ; as you can see in my video, the pressure is steady or raises but barometer arrow goes down...

Comment

I also noticed another bug trying to recalibrate altimeter after pool swim session : https://youtu.be/jZdI7rPRVaQ . As you can see from video, is impossible to calibrate altimeter, the only fix is to reboot the watch.

Comment

What precisely was done to RHR?

Comment

Hi, two questions:

1. Does this beta address the issue of weight data being overwritten as discussed at length here: https://forums.garmin.com/forum/into...-connect/page9 ? We have one report of the issue going away with this firmware rather than 7.6.

UPDATE: forget question 1. The person the reporting issue going away has just posted that it hasn’t been resolved. He lost his dat as usual.

2. What damage could I do by installing this firmware on my Fenix 5x which I bought and use in Australia? I note that you say it is not for Asia Pac region.

Thanks.
                          Last edited by DB00; 02-08-2018, 04:45 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by DB00 View Post
                            What damage could I do by installing this firmware on my Fenix 5x which I bought and use in Australia? I note that you say it is not for Asia Pac region.
                            The firmware should not be loaded on an APAC version of the watch. Not all watches bought in the Asia Pacific region will be APAC versions though. I would not expect an Australian watch to be an APAC version.

If your watch is running firmware 7.60 then it is not an APAC version since APAC versions are still running 6.x as APAC firmware tends to lag behind the rest of the world.

I am not sure the official way to determine if a watch is an APAC version. I know the part numbers are different, maybe it specifically has APAC on the box? Maybe someone else can answer this, but you will be safe if you are currently running 7.60.

Comment

If you look at garmindevice.xml on the watch, it has the part number. The ROW f5x is 006-B2604-00 and APAC is 006-B2798-00 (you can find these in the devices.xml file in the CIQ SDK)
                              My Connect IQ Apps in the Store
                              Facebook - Instagram -
                              Twitter

Comment

Working...
                              X