No announcement yet.

viewing topo maps both on smartphonescreen as on Fenix 5X screen

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• viewing topo maps both on smartphonescreen as on Fenix 5X screen

In the choise of a smartwatch, a very important item for me are topographic maps. Using ViewRanger on my Android smartphone gives me the capability to watch the same topo map (and even route) both on my smartphone screen and on a Android Wear based Watch. The topo map view on my phone is important to see my whole route from time to time in more detail as on the watch screen. My choise in that case could be the Casio WSD-F20. His problem: the lack of hearth rate measurement.

The Garmin Fenix 5X has all I need, but it uses his own OS and also his own topographic maps. I saw demos on Youtube, it seems to work fine. Because the maps are loaded into the watch memory, I was wondering of the existance of a smartphone app which simultaneously let me view a topo map view on my smartphone and on the watch.

Thanks!
    Gert

The closest thing I can think of is to use "Live track"
    How to use::::::
    Go to livetrack in GC then, enter the Email of the recipient,(you) then start an activity on the watch,
    then look for the invitation (email)for you (or you can invite multiple people) to view the activity on a map live on any device, in your case your mobile.
    There are map options, like standard and Satalite imagery to choose.
    All data is uploaded as usuall to connect for future viewing.
    Last edited by Sam201176; 01-12-2018, 08:39 AM.
    Fenix 5x:::::::: Fenix 3hr:::::::::Vivoactive hr:::::::::Garmin nuvi

Comment

The idea seems to be very well.
      Google is full with hits when I enter "Garmin live track".

I will check it out to see how it works. Thanks for the tip!

Comment

Hey no worries,glad to help.
        I never thought about using livetrack as a second viewable screen until your question,so thanks!
        all the best.
        Last edited by Sam201176; 01-12-2018, 03:38 PM.
        Fenix 5x:::::::: Fenix 3hr:::::::::Vivoactive hr:::::::::Garmin nuvi

Comment

Working...
        X