Fenix 5X - 7.56 Public Beta

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fenix 5X - 7.56 Public Beta

Hello Fenix 5X users,

We have new beta software ready for your upcoming adventures!

Fenix 5X: http://www8.garmin.com/support/downl...s.jsp?id=11665

Note: Please allow for the updates to propagate across all servers. There is no need to post that the link does not work. It will after a bit of patience.

7.56 Change Log Notes:
    • Added remote display support for data field, Estimated Total Distance.
    • Improved the accuracy of All-Day Stress tracking.
    • Fixed an issue where the Length data field was off by one during a pool swim activity.
    • Fixed an issue where the device was reporting repeated wheel size detected notifications during a bike activity.
    • Fixed an issue where certain display artifacts were not cleared from the watchface for certain configurations.
    • Fixed an issue where the elevation graph did not update during a course if the user stayed on the elevation page.
    • Fixed an issue where the Heart Rate graph would intermittently stop updating.

Please send all bug reports to [email protected], and indicate which model of the fenix 5 series you have in the subject line.

Please note that the public beta's are intended for non-APAC devices only.

Excellent fix on the Pool Swim counter, on a report by me and another excellent Tester, who happens to be italian too, Renton. :-)
    I suppose the HR intermittence has nothing to do with the blanks I reported. I've been cracking my head over that one.

I'll have to pass on this beta until Milan sends me a new unit. :-(

F5X - SN# 54H007158 - SDM4, GSC10t, Tempe, HRM Swim, HRM Tri
    Fenix5x Manual

Comment

Sadly, pool swimming bug is still here... I have just tested new beta...

Comment

Originally posted by odsweng View Post

Please delete all alarms from the 3 platforms (watch, Garmin Connect Mobile, and Garmin Connect web). Once all have been removed, try re-adding an alarm on any one of those platforms and let us know if the alarm you created shows up properly at all 3 locations.

No change here !!

Tried that - set an alarm on the watch - it's just showing on the watch - not in the app - not in web.

New 'Added the ability to access 'Broadcast Heart Rate' from the Controls menu (Settings > Controls) as well as through the system Hot keys (Settings > System > Hot Keys)'.

That does work - but disappears after a while ... like we had in the past !!

Comment

What is: "remote display support for data field, Estimated Total Distance." ?
          Fenix 5 - „X” specific - missing features – list updated for current firmware

Comment

the pool bug brother the pool one, the one you guys are saying is fix still there. LOL, monkey business at work.

Comment

My Intensity Minutes are working again.
              I'm not sure wether it's because of the update or because I "wiggled" the settings (changed, saved/synced, changed back and synced again) for intensity minutes, activity levels and move iq.
              Then I went for a somewhat hilly 22 minute run and got 37 Intensity Minutes.
              Fenix 3 Sapphire | HRM-Run | Foot Pod | Tempe
              (Usually on the latest Beta)
              Hard reset, Service menu, Data Backup, Forced Reinstall

Comment

Any idea when the APAC version will be out?
                I don't really understand why you guys are punishing an entire region.
                we cant download the 7.1 version and not the 7.54 beta.

I find the discrimination really offensive.

Comment

Would it be too much to ask to make a firmware that allows cycle maps to upgrade. Issue been around since September but Garmin simply do not address it.

Comment

Agree. I've stopped using Garmin Express because I am sick of this failing every time.
                    Last edited by SUSSAMB; 01-13-2018, 06:19 AM. Reason: Please don't quote the post directly above yours. It's unnecessary and simply clutters up the thread. Thanks

Comment

the same problem with maps update

Comment

Originally posted by DB00 View Post
                        Agree. I've stopped using Garmin Express because I am sick of this failing every time.
                        ... and it is still broken after installing Garmin Express 6.0.0. My feeling about Garmin and the three products I use: Fenix 5x, Index Scale, premium chest strap ... all very good hardware, all let down by unstable software and or connectivity. Shame as I'd be recommending if it weren't for that.

Comment

Originally posted by DB00 View Post

... and it is still broken after installing Garmin Express 6.0.0. My feeling about Garmin and the three products I use: Fenix 5x, Index Scale, premium chest strap ... all very good hardware, all let down by unstable software and or connectivity. Shame as I'd be recommending if it weren't for that.
                          The cycling map update saga has been fixed for most of us for ages? I guess that's the reason you don't see any updates on that front. Tried contacting support?

Comment

Originally posted by GJRodenburg View Post

The cycling map update saga has been fixed for most of us for ages? I guess that's the reason you don't see any updates on that front. Tried contacting support?
                            Hi GJ, Yes I contacted support via email and phone the other day. After being given the usual reset reinstall everything routine - which I'd already done, they told me that is was "a known issue" and still waiting to be resolved. So if they fixed it for you, please can you say what they did or asked you to do. The support was here in Australia at the beginning of last week.

Comment

Alarms set as 'Once' Syncing Incorrectly
                              Although the general alarm syncing between the watch and GC seems to be fixed (at least for me), I have found an issue between the watch and GCM (4.2.0.25) as well as Express. If I add any alarm in Garmin Mobile and set the repeat to Once, after a sync the alarm on the watch shows as 1:28 (as shown in the two photos). Change the alarm in GCM to a single day and sync will then correct it on the watch. Similar impact with modifying any currently set alarm to 'Once' in GCM, it changes to 1:28 on the watch (always, 1:28 regardless of the time set). Same issue seen with Express. Obviously this may be a GC issue more than a 5X - not sure.

Thanks

Comment

Working...
                              X