Collapse
No announcement yet.

7.00 Fenix 5X Pool Swim Inaccurate

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There is a lot of different factors that go into figuring out the distance with Garmin devices. Take a look the following FAQ : Improving Swim Distance Accuracy

Comment

Originally posted by Garmin-Heath View Post
      There is a lot of different factors that go into figuring out the distance with Garmin devices. Take a look the following FAQ : Improving Swim Distance Accuracy
      Thanks for the advise, yes I have read this sometime ago, but I am a seasoned swimmer swimming in the same 50m pool from 920xt, fenix3 to now fenix 5X, only 5X with the recent update showing all these issues, ie, incorrect strokes and incorrect distance. I have tried using my old fenix 3 and it was perfectly alright. It must be something with the new update. thanks

Comment

Hallo! Sorry if my english is bad, I hope you can understand me anyway.
        I have the same problem: if I swim more than 300 meters (12 lengths in a 25-meter swimming pool) my fenix 5 shows a wrong distance (bigger distance) in the field "distance" but show the right one in the field "int. distance". It's very easy to check it out: you put the two fields in the same layout, you do not need to go swimming in the pool, just press start and simulate the movement of the stroke and stopping it from time to time to simulate the arrival at the bottom and the coming-back (virata...I don't know how to say in english).
        Any way I found out that when you save the activity everything is right.
        This is an obvious software problem, a bug in the "distance" utility and it should be very easy to fix, so I am surprised that the Garmin team has not yet managed to correct it!

Comment

Since firmware v10.00 the pool swimming accuracy has much improved me, a lot of the time it is spot on now.
          40 x 25m laps will record exactly 1000m.
          Fenix 5X, HRM-Swim

Comment

I'm sorry to say, but after the last firmware (10.00) my problem is not solved

Comment

Originally posted by marcofacchini View Post
              I'm sorry to say, but after the last firmware (10.00) my problem is not solved
              I'm on 10.00 and I am facing the same exact issue when swimming. The watch just adds around 300-400 meters to the distance but if press the pause button or finish the activity, correct distance shows up.

Comment

This has been addressed in 10.55 Beta Release.

Comment

Thank you very much, I will let you know if I have solved the problem

Comment

I tried to do everything by following the instructions but it did not help, the defect is still present, perhaps because the 10.55 Beta Release is for the Fenix 5x while mine is a Fenix 5, without x...

Comment

ok, I found the 10.55 Beta Release for Fenix 5 (without x). I fixed the bug. Now everything is fine! Thank you very much!!

Comment

Now everything is fine! Thank you very much!!
                        Apart for interval pace and interval swolf...

Comment

....I'm going to check it! I'll let you know...

Comment

In my opinion interval pace and interval swolf are working fine!

Comment

In my opinion interval pace and interval swolf are working fine!
                              But you can't see them while swimming, you can see these data fields only once you pressed lap or stop...

Comment

Working...
                              X