Performance ststus

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Performance ststus

Performance stats

Hi I have been using the 5x for 6 month’s now and using it mostly for running I was always getting training status from

Productive ,maintaining, peaking recovery unproductive and overreaching .

However for about the past month I am only getting unproductive and detraining I have got the detraining after taken 5 days off to see if I just needed a rest however yesterday I did a fast for me 10k and again I am getting unproductive.

I have tried doing long slow runs

Fast runs interval runs but still after all runs now I am getting unproductive

Any taught would be great

Thanks

Mick

I had a similar problem because my max HR was incorrect. Is your maximum heart rate set to the correct value? If your max heart rate is set too low, then the watch may think that you are spending the entire workout in your highest HR zone - whether you are running your PB 10k or slow long run.

Comment

Hi and thanks for the reply

No I don’t think this has anything to do with my heart rate setting

It is set at 182 I am 48 years old

I did an easy 11k last night and the same unproductive my hart rate was in

Zone 3 for 3 minutes

Zone 4 for 49 minutes

Zone 5 for 3 minutes

Anaerobic was 1

Aerobic was 4.5

I did a faster 10k the previous night my hart rate was

Zone 3 for 6 minutes

Zone 4 for 19 minutes

Zone 5 for 23 minutes

Anaerobic 0

Aerobic. 4.5

Also unproductive

Thanks

Mick

Comment

Im getting the same in the last 2 weeks. Training as usual but the watch has showed only unproductive.

Comment

I have the same issue, my status remains unproductive, doesn't matter if I do intervals, slow long runs, swimming, biking etc.

Comment

Same for me the last weeks without any direct change in the training-activities. Glad I have my coach who use other SW than Garmin to check my status and make the plans. Guess the reliability in this SW from Garmin is the same as the rest (=low!).

Comment

Hi all,

We believe this may be related to a bug that the Garmin Connect team has already developed a fix for (which should be available soon.) However, it would be helpful for us if we can confirm whether this is the same bug or a different issue. To do that we'd like for you to send us the settings.fit file found in the Settings folder of your watch. If you would email that file to us, we would appreciate it. Please make the subject like "performance status - forums" and email to fenix5.beta@garmin.com

Thanks,
              Mel
              Garmin Outdoor SW Quality Team

Comment

my training status has always shown ‘no status’ - not sure what I am doing wrong

Comment

Hi Mel

Thanks for looking into this

I am trying to send the file but can’t find the file.

I have long pressed the middle left button and scrolled down to settings then top right button in. This there are 15 folders but I can’t see the settings.fit folder

Thanks mick

Comment

BenBristol

If I remember right you need to set your personal info weight age height and use it outdoors

Mick

Comment

Mickk - we would need you to plug the device in to the computer in order to find the file. Sorry, I didn't clarify that in my post very well. Once the device is plugged in to a computer, you can open the device filesystem - look in the Garmin folder, and then in the Settings folder.

Thanks,
                      Mel

Comment

BenBristol the Training Status widget can describe your fitness level based on your VO2 max. VO2 max can only be calculated during outdoor activities where heartrate or power data is collected. That's why if you press the start button on the Training Status widget, it will ask you to record outdoor activities. Personally, I'm not a runner or a cyclist, so my Training Status also shows "No Status."

It's also important that VO2 max data stay current, so extended periods (more than one or two weeks) without new VO2 max readings collected will also cause your reported levels to reduce.

More information is available here: https://www8.garmin.com/manuals/webh...A04D8B319.html

Thanks,
                        Mel

Comment

Hi Mel

Thanks for that I have sent the file if when you get a chance to look at it if you could let me know if this is the bug you think it might be that would be great

Thanks

Mick

Comment

Originally posted by Mickk View Post
                            BenBristol

If I remember right you need to set your personal info weight age height and use it outdoors

Mick

Thanks - I play a lot of football outdoors but treadmill indoors due to the hot climate so that explains it.

Comment

Working...
                            X