No announcement yet.

Fenix 5X - 7.00 Public Release Candidate

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by renton82 View Post

I always saved all betas until now in my google drive but 6.83 is the only version that i miss! So i installed 6.78 for now...
    Here you go.

http://gawisp.com/perry/fenix_D2_tactix/

Comment

My controls have reset again on 7.00 RC. default set seems to be backlight, stopwatch, set time with gPS, wifi, power, do not disturb and lock. Tried power cycle and 25 sec soft reset but still disappear to set above after an unknown period.

Comment

There's definitely something going on with the watch faces.
        Gearmin was reset to default after doing the GPS altitude calibration but on a second look, just scrolling widgets put it back... as if it was taking its time to load. Not a big deal and surely the DEV will update his watchface once 7.00 goes public.
        F5X - SN# 54H007158 - SDM4, GSC10t, Tempe, HRM Swim, HRM Tri
        Fenix5x Manual

Comment

I'm also experiencing two annoying random problem after updating to beta 6.83 and 7.00 RC:

- Controls Reset
          - ActiFace watch face crash that need a remove/reinstall to allow the app run again.

The above problem was never experienced with previous release 6.75 and 6.78.

Comment

Originally posted by ChevronLugs View Post

Thanks for link

Comment

another possible bug. Watch crashed after the following...
              1. Trail run of approx 70 mins using HRM blue strap
              2. Finished run and saved
              3. went to history and then said to download HRM data
              4. Watch then crashes before completing

Comment

Originally posted by Z-74 View Post
                There's definitely something going on with the watch faces.
                Gearmin was reset to default after doing the GPS altitude calibration but on a second look, just scrolling widgets put it back... as if it was taking its time to load. Not a big deal and surely the DEV will update his watchface once 7.00 goes public.
                I suspect the watch face is crashing and if you look on the watch in Garmin\Apps\LOGS\CIQ_LOG.TXT you will see something like:
                Code:
                ERROR: File Not Found Error
                DETAILS: Failed invoking <symbol>
                STORE_ID: 00000000000000000000000000000000
                This is currently under investigation.

Comment

ENVTLOGS has 2 logs full of entries about memory access locations.
                  The main folder has .volumeicons.icns and there's a tpt_backup_file120.bak in its garmin subfolder.

I suppose the data automatic delivery should help the DEVs gather the files they need (assuming you guys clicked on the "allow" button on GE). Strange... today the F5X has no connection issues despite the bad connectors. :-)

I seldom check the folder/file structure but to my eyes it looks everchanging.

There is a very strange .fit file in the activity folder that doesn't have the same name as others (date/time.fit). I thought it came from the Polar HR belt of one of my coaches the F5x asked me to record THAT HR and I said no. I really have no idea then why this .fit file (7bjhetc.etc.fit) is there. ST3.2 archive says it's a Hydrobike session and the time matches the schedule. D'oh.
                  Last edited by Z-74; 12-05-2017, 04:41 AM.
                  F5X - SN# 54H007158 - SDM4, GSC10t, Tempe, HRM Swim, HRM Tri
                  Fenix5x Manual

Comment

I don't see in the release notes where the lbs versus kgs is fixed in the guided workouts on the watch. Did I miss it?

Comment

rodtrent is this the issue you are describing? https://forums.garmin.com/forum/into...kout-lbs-vs-kg

If so it looks like it has been fixed server/app side.

Comment

Can someone please check it whether the latest beta of Fenix 5X include the following data fields which are missing from Fenix 3 and Fenix 3 HR?

See https://forums.garmin.com/forum/on-t...ix-5-5s-5x-too

I am judging whether to upgrade from F3HR to F5X.

Comment

When will the Public Release be rolled out?

Comment

The worst bug Ive noticed so far on my watch. Going from 6.0 straight to 7.0::::::::

Watch runs slower,apps like Tetris , pyramid solitaire,brickout etc,
                            all running much slower.
                            widgets like space x not able to load (iq error)
                            what a mess!!!!!!
                            Graphs screens take quarter of a second to draw.(dont like this new feature)
                            I test some of the apps in the store for a few developers,but i can do nothing with 7.0.

As soon as I reverted back to 6.0 the watch processor slowness was gone.

In my experience with 7.0,
                            I can't believe this mess is going public??!!??
                            OMG!!!!!!
                            As soon as my watch comes back (rma)
                            I'm going to use a IQ benchmark prg and post results with 6.0 and 70

ps.reported all to beta team!?

Last edited by Sam201176; 12-07-2017, 01:29 AM.

Comment

We will get bad reviews in the IQ store!!!!
                              Im so frustrated.
                              Last edited by Sam201176; 12-07-2017, 01:31 AM. Reason: Global pointer

Comment

When can we expect RunPow app, described in https://www.dcrainmaker.com/2017/10/...ng-power.html?

Comment

Working...
                                X