Fenix 5X - 7.00 Public Release Candidate

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fenix 5X - 7.00 Public Release Candidate

Hello Fenix 5X users,

We have new beta software ready for your upcoming adventures!

Fenix 5X: http://www8.garmin.com/support/downl...s.jsp?id=11665

Note: Please allow for the updates to propagate across all servers. There is no need to post that the link does not work. It will after a bit of patience.

7.00 Change Log Notes:
    • System Software version bump to 7.00
    • Display Software version bump to 2.60

Please send all bug reports to fenix5.beta@garmin.com, and indicate which model of the fenix 5 series you have in the subject line.

Please note that the public beta's are intended for non-APAC devices only.

Why to realease beta with no changes? Just public release, thats all.

Comment

Darenasp, great question! In fact, we have made some very minor changes in 7.00. These are changes 'under the hood' that we never place in change log notes. Therefore, for the sake of the software build, and what we announce publicly, the version bump is the only information to report. While this seems fairly boring, we provide it to our beta test group to load so you can get ahead of the soon to be release if you wish.

We do appreciate all of our beta testers very much. This is just one more way we can get you to the latest pubic build before others. It also gives us one last change to catch something before we go live.

The choice is most certainly yours.

Comment

Thanks for the answer, now clear. Keep going on betas, we all respect that and thankfull.
        Last edited by SUSSAMB; 11-30-2017, 01:45 AM. Reason: Please don't quote the post immediately above yours. It's unnecessary and just clutters up the thread. Thanks

Comment

Will the MyWatch watch face run on this Beta? On the prior 6.83 Beta it would not and I had to hard reset everything back to 6.00. Not a problem then because I'm happy to beta test, but I'd like to avoid a repeat if this is not changed from 6.83B. Thank you for your work!

Comment

S6n - the betas since the last firmware have moved to the Connect IQ platform 2.4, and the next public firmware almost certainly will be too. Not all Connect IQ app developers (including watchfaces) have yet shifted their apps to this new platform. Perhaps you should be contacting the watch face developer as to when they will be shifting their apps to the new platform.

Comment

mcalista - Thank you for responding regarding the MYWatch watch face and the update to the IQ platform. I asked because I've taken every beta since 6.00P and didn't have a problem with the MyWatch face until 6.83B. I recall there were several beta releases before that and after 6.00P which all functioned fine for me.
              Does your response indicate that users of MyWatch (which admittedly has not been updated by the developer recently) should remain on 6.00P? Is there a source for betas released between 6.00P and 6.83B? That would be handy thank you!
              Has anyone using MyWatch been able to take this latest beta without issue?

Comment

Just going on the change log notes in this forum, beta 6.71 did not include Connect IQ 2.4. But 6.75 onwards did.

I note your post at https://forums.garmin.com/forum/on-t...20#post1273020 citing that your problems with MyWatch seemed to start with 6.75

Comment

Originally posted by odsweng View Post
                  Darenasp, great question! In fact, we have made some very minor changes in 7.00. These are changes 'under the hood' that we never place in change log notes. Therefore, for the sake of the software build, and what we announce publicly, the version bump is the only information to report. While this seems fairly boring, we provide it to our beta test group to load so you can get ahead of the soon to be release if you wish.

We do appreciate all of our beta testers very much. This is just one more way we can get you to the latest pubic build before others. It also gives us one last change to catch something before we go live.

How do a connect to beta-test.program?

Comment

There are 2 very serious issues with the pre 7.0 release (still present in the previous beta).
                    Please make sure to address them before the public release if possible. You'll find my report with the Z-74 signature in the Email (keep in mind the FW is the one just surpassed by this 7.0b which I am installing presently).

1) No notifications for HRM Swim OR delayed notifications (when the session has already started) with OHR disabled and Heart Icon SOLID (not flashing).
                    2) Possible conflict when both the cell phone and the F5X are hooked to the same WIFI (home network = autoupload doesn't work, swimming pool and Gym wifi, where F5X has no WIFI data but the cell phone does = autoupload works)

I'm willing to run tests but with you guys not answering I don't know what else to do. Have the internals test the possible 2) conflict. If my GUESS is right, this is most certainly a GCM problem not F5X but the 1) definitely is a F5X issue (changing battery in HRM Swim to be 100% sure it's not on my side because I'm only 99% sure right now).
                    F5X - SN# 54H007158 - SDM4, GSC10t, Tempe, HRM Swim, HRM Tri
                    Fenix5x Manual

Comment

Originally posted by mcalista View Post
                      Just going on the change log notes in this forum, beta 6.71 did not include Connect IQ 2.4. But 6.75 onwards did.

I note your post at https://forums.garmin.com/forum/on-t...20#post1273020 citing that your problems with MyWatch seemed to start with 6.75
                      Thanks for checking and confirming that the issue is caused by MyWatch not being compatible with the latest IQ release! How unfortunate that those of us who use this watch face will basically be stuck on 6 until the developer updates! Thanks again!

Comment

Looking good. Only minor hickup, the install wasn't prompted once I unmounted the watch from the computer. Had to go to system -> softwardupdate to trigger the update manually.
                        Fenix 5X - 7.02 GPS 4.3.0 Display 2.6.0 Wi-Fi: 2.31 CIQ: 2.4.1 BLE/ANT/SNS: 5.3.0 WHR: 20.03.23

Comment

Overnight my watch face (Chrono Style) crashed and reverted back to defaults. This is the first crash from this watch face that I've seen.

Lactate threshold is no longer showing on the performance widget.

Comment

Originally posted by S6n4d89 View Post

Thanks for checking and confirming that the issue is caused by MyWatch not being compatible with the latest IQ release! How unfortunate that those of us who use this watch face will basically be stuck on 6 until the developer updates! Thanks again!
                            Even though the later firmware releases have updated the version of CIQ, watch faces and other apps should not normally need to be updated be because of the new CIQ version, even when the version is a major update. CIQ should be backwards compatible. However, some functions get deprecated and do eventually get removed and in this case the app will no longer work once the CIQ version is updated. Generally developers get at least one major release as notice of a functions deprecation so should remove these functions long before they are finally removed.

I think in this case it is just as likely that the new version is causing the watch face to crash due to exposing a bug which pre-existed which was not hit before.

I have tried the My Watch watch face with 7.0 and it crashes for me too. Therefore in either of the two cases I mention above I expect the developer will need to make a change.

Comment

Originally posted by odsweng View Post

Hi!

Needs to improve the HR reliability! The values are always lower.

Regards

Comment

Working...
                              X