Collapse
No announcement yet.

Software 6.0 power meter issues

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Huge wattage using Power2Max powermeter (32K + ) , huge spikes with Stryd also (over 40K) . (ver 5.57b, 5.58b, 6.00 ) . I'll try downgrading to ver. 5.10 which working flawlessly...
    F3, F5x Plus, Stryd, Edge 1030, Edge 810, Index Scale, Hrm3-Hrm-run, Cadence/Speed sensors, Power2Max NG/S powermeters, tempe, Oregon, Suunto Ambit3 peak.

Comment

I received my fenix 5 plus today and the first thing i did was update to the latest version. It was very frustrating when I connected it to my trainer (elite misuro sensor). About one spike of 50.000w per minute, making the data useless.

I almost returned it. Luckily I read this post and downgraded to version 5.1. Is working now. Hope garmin can fix it soon.

Comment

I took the painful way back to 5.1 , loosing all settings ..... BUT power works like charm. This was worth the effort.

Comment

Same problem here with Elite Intera Smart trainer. High peaks after 6.00, 5.10 was fine. I found a link, how to downgrade firmware without losing personal settings: https://forums.garmin.com/forum/on-t...how-to-do-that.
          I'm very frustrated with Garmin software update. My watch Fenix 5 Sapphire worked very fine with 6.0 software version. Altimeter is very good. The watch was

Comment

Peetie, I would not follow those downgrade instructions...too drastic
            Last edited by OnlyTwo; 12-07-2018, 05:24 PM.

Comment

i had problems with 5.57. no problems with 5.58 and yesterday with 6.0 no problems. i will try again today

Comment

With rotor inpower there are peak power problem, 34kw

Comment

Downgraded to 5.51 and everything is working as it should. Waiting and hoping for at fix from Garmin.
                  Might anyone have an idea what exactly caused the problems in 6.00 based on the changelog?

Comment

I wrote to te support, they answered just the usual bla-bla-bla nothing... I was not so brave to downgrade firmware, so I will wait until they do something

Comment

I too contacted support and of course they're asking me whether I am using third-party power meters. I mailed them that I didn't observe the issues when simultaneously recording things with a FR735XT and that the issues disappeared after a downgrade to 5.1. Let's see whether this convinces them, but I am afraid that first level support is just to far away from the developers.

If anybody has an F5+ with the latest (buggy) firmware and an Edge or another power meter compatible watch, I suggest you use both devices to record an activity and mail the two resulting FIT files to the beta team. Maybe that'll get their attention.

Comment

i have srm pc8 and fenix 5 plus, the fenix gives me the error, if sending archive of the two will serve them?

Comment

After a second mail to the support they asked fit files, garmin folder, screenshots, so I hope they will make an update soon!

Comment

I have the same issue. Fenix 5 Plus Sapphire and TACX Neo Smart. Powerspikes up to 60 000W.

Comment

Working...
                            X