No announcement yet.

Software 6.0 power meter issues

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Software 6.0 power meter issues

Just upgraded from F3 HR to F5X+ and saw spike issues during spinning when connected to the body bike ant+ power meter. Have spikes around 52K and measured FTP of 988 watts. NP is way of with estimated value of 16xx watts.
    IF and TSS are also way of with values of 6,433 and 2054. Calories burned are four times too high.
    Live power measured was okay but did notice drops to 0 watts over periods of half a secind. Live NP value was wrong.
    Tried restarting watch and switch bikes but same issue no matter the power meter used.
    Also it became increasingly difficult to connect to power meters. Could see the different bike power meters but connecting seemed impossible after an hour of testing.
    Have had no issues with my F3HR.
    Seems as though these issues started in beta 5.57 as other users are experiencing the same issue. 5.1 seemed fine to most users.

the same with me, since 6.0
    Everything was fine with 5.1
    Now the Fenix is useless for indoor cycling

What have I got from trainings with wrong watts measurements
    with peaks over 54,742 Watts every 5 minutes

I want to go back to 5.1 !!!!!!!!!

Comment

Welcome on board.... i was placing some warnings about this behaviour, but more and more people get affected. Please report your problem to garmin. I was in touch with the Beta team, as this started wit 5.57 for me. The more people are complaining the faster we get a fix. You might need to provide details and the FIT file. There is definitly a problem in the code thus i can record in parallel with a Edge 520 which does not show the peeks.

Comment

"Please report your problem to garmin"

done

Comment

i have the very same problem, very annoying.
          let me ask a silly question: how do i report the bug to Garmin?
          i have not found any clear instuctions anywhere, maybe you can help me out?

Comment

in case germany
            https://support.garmin.com/de-DE/

Comment

Originally posted by tatrail View Post
              let me ask a silly question: how do i report the bug to Garmin?
              There’s no such thing as a silly question; all questions are valid. You could try raising a support ticket online from the support area of garmin.com in your region. But for this sort of software bug it’s quicker to email the address in the first post of the sticky thread for the latest public beta release. Emails do get read, but you will only get a response if they need more info from you.

Comment

another with the same problem! with 2 inpower rotor

Comment

Thank you all, i have openwd a ticket on the general Garmin site, as there is nonregional in Hungary, and will send a mail to beta team

Comment

I will definitely adapt my rezision at amazon accordingly

Comment

I have written to Garmin Iberia, and they tell me that garmin does not take responsibility if other powermeters other than Vector are used !!! what a response!

Comment

Doesn't sound good :/

Comment

due to this.. I am turning off Auto Update on my watch.
                          I was looking forward to the 6.0 as it is supposedly be able to connect to the garmin explore app. (for x reason, it used to work on my old unit, but the warranty unit on 5.1 sw doesn't work)

Comment

answer from Garmin support: contact the power meter producer...bahhh...i've replied that with 5.10 it is working (i've made a downgrade). Beta team was asking for .fit files, so i've sent them. I hope they will find the bug soon.
                            EDIT: i had some mails with support, they now try to help to find the issues
                            Last edited by tatrail; 12-05-2018, 06:03 AM. Reason: update

Comment

I'll also try downgrading. As it is right now the watch is pretty much useless for watt traing.
                              hopefully the beta team will find a solution. Unless Garmin changed something that relates to a new standard that other power meter products also has to follow their response is on the verge of unacceptable and shows lack of responsibility. This is how you loose customers...

Comment

Working...
                              X