Collapse
No announcement yet.

Problems with Ant+ connectivity

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well I can confirm my dropouts are just as bad with genuine Garmin sensors ????

spot which graph is from my watch and which from the pc running Zwift (both from the same sensor)

Had a chat with Garmin earlier and still no news on when the revised hardware will be available

Comment

• I think on the beta version 7,91 is little better ant+ in attachment example. Only issue what I see still very long connection with tempe
      Distance 10.05 km | Time 54:12 | Pace 5:24 min/km | Elevation 17 m

Comment

• I took a chance today and bought a stryd to use with the 5, even if it could fail. Yahoo: I have no visible dropouts. I used it together with a HRM RUN which also didn't have any dropouts (or at least no easily detectable even if I zoom)

Question to you that have issues:
        Are you running in urban area where there are many Wifi accesspoints (near houses/apartments)? ANT are using the same frequency and one idea why some people tend to have lot of issues might be related to where they actually are training and the noise-level of the radiochannel.

Comment

• Interesting. I have zero drop-outs with my stryd which I've now been using for over a month. First use was in a remote area, but right now I'm in a city environment with at least part of the track very much in a built-up area - and I have zero dropouts. In fact, pace, distance and lap pace tracking have improved massively since I use the footpod for distance and pace as opposed to GPS which I think suffers far more from buildings and tree cover than Garmin or others want to admit or make known.

Comment

• I think I might be suffering from this issue with my new Fenix 5S. For example, see the attached image.

Jogging with a Garmin foot pod on the treadmill; completely steady state, I saw the pace all over the place according to the watch during the workout, and afterwards I can see that the stride length basically seems to be the problem.

It seems to be alternating between two completely different values, so for the steady cadence the implied pace is completely different. Is this possibly due to the foot pod connectivity fading in and out? I have the RD pod too and that seems to be locked in OK.

Comment

• Screen Shot 2018-02-03 at 10.21.43.png Third run since i thought that Garmin had sorted the issue, on the first two runs i'm confident that there were no dropouts but this one is showing lots of small ones.
              Fenix 5X
              Fenix 5 Sapphire Black
              Garmin foot pod
              Garmin Tempe

Comment

• Still have dropouts on my replacement F5 (7.91) with power data coming off a Quarq PM. Think I'm going to have to push for a cross platform replacement when its superseded.

Comment

• I don't have many drops but from my perspective on the version 7,91 maybe little helps change battery in tempe (only two times disconnected for 2h) change battery in footpod, and hrm-tri , and watch alwasy battery >50% below 20-50 % more disconnection
                  Distance 24.16 km | Time 2:30:09 | Pace 6:13 min/km | Elevation 69 m

Comment

• Dont get me wrong and all this on watch which costs 500€? When little brother 935 can have connections to almost dead battery straps and watch battery at 10%... This is ridiculous
                    Last edited by SUSSAMB; 02-08-2018, 09:38 AM. Reason: Please don't quote the post directly above yours. It's unnecessary and simply clutters up the thread. Thanks

Comment

• I agree with you, but to be honest I don't see better watch, i would like to come back to f3 there is no issue like that , but also more option is not available
                      Last edited by SUSSAMB; 02-08-2018, 09:37 AM. Reason: Please don't quote the post directly above yours. It's unnecessary and simply clutters up the thread. Thanks

Comment

• well this is a first from Garmin

The issue you are referring to is something that we are aware of and are working hard towards a resolution, however, we do not have a timeframe for this to be completed as yet.
                        I have added you to the following case so that you will be notified once this issue has been resolved.

Case #: PSC-945
                        not holding my breath and I'll keep chasing but at least I have a reference to chase now

Comment

• change and end of problems with ANT

Comment

• I think it's interesting though what makes the HRM-RUN and other variants of the straps particularly so bad with the F5. I didn't have any drop outs from HR side but running dynamics had big gaps. RD Pod on other hand works mostly without drops unless paired with Stryd at the same time.

From Stryd I haven't had even a one second drop out any more. Used to have those maybe once in a week or two when I first got the watch, so things have definitely improved on connectivity side with new firmwares.

Comment

• The problems persist with FW 8.00 on my Fenix 5. Have a power meter broadcasting ANT+ for both Fenix 5 and Edge 1000, the same stream shows drops on the F5 and correct values on the Edge 1000.
                              Garmin, please put your act together and correct this!!!! Via FW update or if not possible, do a HW recall. But FIX IT!!!

Comment

• I ALMOST went ahead and bought a Fenix 5 but... a sensible range of a couple of meters (Bluetooth would do) is an absolute must for my workouts! And I'll accept no less when even my old Ambit can do it.

From what I understand, some of you have already been in contact with Garmin regarding the expected hardware revision. Do keep us informed! Needless to say, I will hold off from making a purchase for the time being.

Comment

Working...
                                X