Fenix 5S/5 - 9.53 Beta Release

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fenix 5S/5 - 9.53 Beta Release

Hello Fenix 5S/5 users,

We have new beta software ready for your upcoming adventures!

Fenix 5S: http://www8.garmin.com/support/downl...s.jsp?id=11661
    Fenix 5: http://www8.garmin.com/support/downl...s.jsp?id=11663

Note: Please allow for the updates to propagate across all servers. There is no need to post that the link does not work. It will after a bit of patience.

9.53 Change Log Notes:
    • Added GPS + GALILEO support (Activity Settings > GPS). (Requires GPS version 2.20)
    • Added abnormal heart rate alerts. Enable these in Heart Rate widget > Heart Rate options > Abnormal HR alert. An abnormal heart rate will be detected if your heart rate exceeds the entered threshold for an extended period of time while sedentary.
    • Fixed a bug causing Cadence values to be 'stuck' when not pedaling instead of returning to 0.
    • Fixed a crash seen when viewing SwimRun activities.
    • Fixed a crash sometimes encountered when selecting apps.
    • Fixed a bug causing some activities performed on multiple devices to be double-counted when viewing Training Load on Physio TrueUp devices.
    Please send all bug reports to [email protected], and indicate which model of the fenix 5 series you have in the subject line.

Please note, the beta updates released on these forums are not suitable for APAC region devices.
    Last edited by odsweng; 06-22-2018, 02:21 PM.

Galileo?

Galileo Magnifico!!!!
    Last edited by AJRykala; 06-22-2018, 11:39 AM. Reason: Tested!

Comment

Yep I see Galileo as an option! Wow I guessed it might be software upgradable (embarassing how little I know about it when I did a dissertation on it!) but thats awesome. Will test tomorrow on a parkrun!

Comment

Go back to Software Ipdate on the watch and install the GPS update

Comment

Thanks!

Comment

No worries. I was like “hey I see no Galileo” then thought hang on did GPS update. Went to the software update option again on watch !
            Last edited by AJRykala; 06-22-2018, 11:31 AM.

Comment

Update says June 2017 <<incorrect year. Now to test Galileo << incredible!

Comment

Originally posted by TrippyZ View Post
                Update says June 2017 <<incorrect year. Now to test Galileo << incredible!
                So excited about Galileo didn’t see that!!!

https://photos.app.goo.gl/3LyRDne5SE3EUV8v6

Comment

What is Garmin Coach and how does it work?

Comment

Nice to see Galileo and abnormal heart rate alerts!!

Testing...

Comment

I don´t see this "Galileo"-Option. I updated everything that was included ...in system/info it shows "GPS: 4.40 (!)"

Comment

testing also love the Galilio option

Comment

Try copying just the GPS 2.20 part to your watch again. Same happened to me. I'm now 2.20 with Galileo.
                          My Connect IQ Apps in the Store
                          Facebook - Instagram -
                          Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by tosonny View Post
                            I don´t see this "Galileo"-Option. I updated everything that was included ...in system/info it shows "GPS: 4.40 (!)"
                            Go back top the update option on the watch in settings en select the gps update on the watch

Comment

Originally posted by kevin.verhaege View Post

Go back top the update option on the watch in settings en select the gps update on the watch
                              I copied the GPS-update file once more in the target-folder and disconnected the phone. Now the GPS-udate is running. Garmins description is not the best.

Comment

Working...
                              X