Collapse
No announcement yet.

Temperature widget with tempe not connected

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jim, many thanks for such a rapid response - appreciated - downloading as I type.

Comment

Originally posted by jim_m_58 View Post
      I was surprised too! That's why I wrote the widget!

If you've not noticed, using app-settings in GCM or Garmin Express, you can also change things like the colors, and how long before the tempe data is considered "stale" (the default is 30 minutes)

Glad you like the widget! (hint: developers always like good reviews in the app store! )
      Really thanks for this widget. Its better than default widget in F5 & important is that its able to connect tempe sensor in a few second! (20-30s. what is accepatble).
      My recommendation.

Comment

how long should be take connection between f5 and tempe ?

Comment

Can take up to 1 minute but usually connects in 20-30 seconds

Comment

Originally posted by thr4 View Post
            Can take up to 1 minute but usually connects in 20-30 seconds
            Thank you for info. I don't know what is the reason long connection between f5 vs tempe ONLY tempe not hrm or footpod.

Do you know if the same long connection takes on the fenix 5X or fenix 3?

Maybe long connection with tampe is because this is old device and very slow ?

Comment

HRM and footpod transmit information very frequently when woken up and save energy (no broadcast) when not connected. The tempe sensor is always on but transmits data at a reduced frequency to save battery. The connection time is not related to fenix, I had the same "issue" with other Garmin devices connected to tempe, too.

Edit: last post on previous page explains this in more accurately.

Comment

My guess would be that Tempe transmits always, while foot pod and HRM only transmit when they detect activity. So to save battery, it transmits with longer intervals. But it is only a guess.

Comment

Do we have any possibility change config to connecting faster with tempe, when tempe is moving & connect already with hrm or footpod ?

Comment

No, because this is related to how tempe broadcasts and tempe settings can't be changed. If you read the post on previous page, that explains why the handshake takes longer (the "pulses" from tempe and the receiving on the side of fenix need to "align"). But once connected, tempe broadcasts every 2 seconds and connection remains more or less stable at least for me.

Comment

so please explain me why during the running on the f5 when tempe is connected 2-3 times i see on the screen tempe is disconnected and take temperature from f5 which is higher temperature
                      Example in this link below 2 times is pick from f5 not from tempe
                      Distance 24.16 km | Time 2:30:09 | Pace 6:13 min/km | Elevation 69 m

Comment

What do you want me to explain? I said "connection remains more or less stable at least for me". 3 ANT+ dropouts during a 2.5 hr run fit my definition of "more or less stable". Connection depends on watch placement, tempe sensor placement, battery status, weather, etc etc etc. The issue on the run you shared has absolutely no significance in context of any metrics you track for your run (avg temp, temp trending).

Comment

Working...
                        X