Temperature widget with tempe not connected

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Temperature widget with tempe not connected

I have a tempe that's registered as a sensor to my fenix 5.

When outside of activity, this means the temperature widget shows "Temp. not connected". If I want to see temperature trending outside of activity (and based on internal thermometer), I need to manually turn tempe off in the sensor pool and then remember to turn it back on before an activity.

Is there a better way to combine the tempe readings during an activity with a 24 hour view on temperature based on internal sensor?

Yep:
    https://apps.garmin.com/en-US/apps/1...5-002eb543c04a

Comment

Thanks, this is exactly it! Surprised the native widget can't behave this way.

Comment

I was surprised too! That's why I wrote the widget!

If you've not noticed, using app-settings in GCM or Garmin Express, you can also change things like the colors, and how long before the tempe data is considered "stale" (the default is 30 minutes)

Glad you like the widget! (hint: developers always like good reviews in the app store! )
        My Connect IQ Apps in the Store
        Facebook - Instagram -
        Twitter

Comment

That looks great. Jim, is it possible to add the max/min from the last 24 hours that the Tempe sends? With that, there'd be no reason to use the native widget.

Comment

Adding 24 hr max/min would mean interfacing to the tempe directly with Ant+, and today, I just access it as a standard sensor and let the firmware handle the ant+ part. So it wouldn't just be a minor change. Maybe some day I'll switch to using ant+. I've hoped that the fw just exposed 24hrmin and max, to ciq as it already has it, but no such luck.
            Facebook - Instagram -
            Twitter

Comment

Thanks for the response. I had a nasty feeling there had to be a good reason you hadn't done it already!

Comment

It can be done, but like I said, by skipping the FW and going ant+ directly, Too prone to problems for me but I have the code that can do it.
                Facebook - Instagram -
                Twitter

Comment

Working...
                X