Announcement

Collapse

Forum Upgrade

We’re excited to announce that the Garmin Forums will soon be moving to a new platform that should greatly improve our forum experience for everyone. We will update everyone as more information becomes available.
See more
See less

Fenix 5/5s Plus - 6.51 Beta Release

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fenix 5/5s Plus - 6.51 Beta Release

Hello Fenix 5/5s Plus users,

We have new beta software ready for your upcoming adventures!

Fenix 5S Plus: https://www8.garmin.com/support/down...s.jsp?id=14333
    Fenix 5 Plus: https://www8.garmin.com/support/download_details.jsp?id=14331

Note: Please allow for the updates to propagate across all servers. There is no need to post that the link does not work. It will after a bit of patience.

6.51 Change Log Notes:
    • Fixed an issue where the device was reporting extremely high values for Bike powermeter.

Please note, the beta updates released on these forums are not suitable for APAC region devices.

Please send all bug reports to [email protected], and indicate which model of the fenix 5 Plus series you have in the subject line.

Very rich changelog XD !

Comment

Sensor hub version is older than that in my watch...

Comment

Return bug. My FTP was 5 W/kg !!!

Comment

odsweng.. something is wrong with this update!..

Inside the downloaded fenix5Plus_651Beta.zip file the directory is named: Fenix5PlusSeries_558Beta
          Last edited by Artivis; 12-17-2018, 11:16 PM.
          I run for fun with Fenix 5+ Titanium DLC
          Hard reset, firmware reinstall, data location and backup

Comment

odsweng

Please check file data...?!

See previous post for more
            -----------------
            Teriemer

Biking: Edge 1030 | Quarq Dfour91 | Stages (G3)
            Running: Polar V800 | Stryd
            Daily life: F5S plus

Comment

Yes but the firmware version turned into 6.51. They forgot to rename the file ...????
              Fenix 5 Plus Titanium

Previous: Fenix 3, Etrex 20

Comment

Now THIS! is a beta I certainly won't be installing. Sounds like a waste of time if you don't have a bike power meter. Well, I used to have a Vector 3 but ended up returning it for obvious reasons.
                Currently own:

Suunto 9
                HRM-Run; Scosche Rhythm+
                Stryd

Pre-ordered:
                Garmin MARQ Expedition

Comment

This was actually a big deal for me. Getting 50,000+ watt power spikes every few minutes really made all of the power metrics basically useless.

Comment

Installed without issue ;-)
                    -----------------
                    Teriemer

Biking: Edge 1030 | Quarq Dfour91 | Stages (G3)
                    Running: Polar V800 | Stryd
                    Daily life: F5S plus

Comment

Originally posted by NYanakiev7 View Post
                      Now THIS! is a beta I certainly won't be installing. Sounds like a waste of time if you don't have a bike power meter. Well, I used to have a Vector 3 but ended up returning it for obvious reasons.
                      That is your right.

I am in the opposite camp. I am absolutely thrilled to see a firmware update which is 100% about sports watch functionality and 0% about music watch functionality.

Comment

Hmmm... i have Vector 3 and am on 6.00 and have had no power spike issues. It is super annoying that I can only seem to put 400mb of music on the phone with the deezer app though.

My question is how the heck did we go from a 6.00 to 6.51 with only one bug fix? There has to be more changes in there. My watch battery level is still all over the place.

Comment

Originally posted by Browner40 View Post
                          My question is how the heck did we go from a 6.00 to 6.51 with only one bug fix?
                          The folder inside the .zip file says 5.58. So on average, this beta is version 6.045....

Comment

odsweng

Please add option to Watch System Menu to upgrade to Beta software, nobody wants to do it manually by copying files. Please note, that it is not possible to copy files to Watch USB drive on OS X without installing 3rd party software. Thank you in advance, kind regards from Czech Republic ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by Housik View Post
                              odsweng

Please add option to Watch System Menu to upgrade to Beta software, nobody wants to do it manually by copying files. Please note, that it is not possible to copy files to Watch USB drive on OS X without installing 3rd party software. Thank you in advance, kind regards from Czech Republic ;-)
                              This is a great idea that would make trying out Beta software much easier for those of us on OS X.
                              Garmin Devices: Fenix 5S Plus Sapphire, Footpod
                              Retired: Fenix 5S

Comment

Working...
                              X