Announcement

Collapse

Forum Upgrade

We’re excited to announce that the Garmin Forums will soon be moving to a new platform that should greatly improve our forum experience for everyone. We will update everyone as more information becomes available.
See more
See less

Wifi connectivity problem

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wifi connectivity problem

Hi all, is anyone else experiencing WiFi connectivity problems? It started recently with 5.10...I've updated to 5.53 beta yesterday. Then I correctly synced via WiFi once...and today I got problems again. Sometimes it tells me it's not able sync....some other times I got code 500 error. Anyone else?

Happen from time to time, usually it is only to start again and it will sync on second attempt. I am on sw 5.10
    Fenix5plus.Vivoactive HR. Garmin Index Smartscale .Garmin Tempe.Wahoo Kickr smart trainer.Wahoo tickr .Stryd footpod.

Retired: Polar RCX 5. Polar V 800. Vivosmart HR
    Sold: Edge 1000, fenix 3.

Comment

Originally posted by Jano22222 View Post
      Happen from time to time, usually it is only to start again and it will sync on second attempt. I am on sw 5.10
      Actually it seems to be able to sync just right after I do sync first with Garmin Explorer on pc. But right after the first successful attempt then it starts again failing transfer.
      I'm on 5.53 beta

Comment

I have the same problem (Code 0500) and it happened right after I synched via Garmin Express. The main firmware did not update during the update only maps and other things.

Any suggestions besides restarting the watch and synching via the phone?

Fenix 5x Plus, SW 6.00
        Last edited by Rancio; 03-27-2019, 01:25 AM.

Comment

Rancio I sent you a private message since I would like to look this Code 0500 error that you are receiving. Let me know here if you have any issues replying to the message.

Comment

Originally posted by Rancio View Post
            I have the same problem (Code 0500) and it happened right after I synched via Garmin Express. The main firmware did not update during the update only maps and other things.

Any suggestions besides restarting the watch and synching via the phone?

Fenix 5x Plus, SW 6.00
            Exact same deal here

Comment

I am with the same delima! For last three days Fenix 5X Plus is not connecting to WIFI and continuously giving message of ERROR 0500. The only relief is that I am not alone

Comment

One more "me too".

Fenix 5X Plus, FW 6.00, connecting to Wi-Fi gives "ERROR 0500".

Comment

Same for me and it popped out of a sudden; no former update. Currently I'm on 6.58beta

IIRC I read in another thread that Garmin is aware of the problem and they are trying to fix it. No big deal for me so far because BT still works...

Garmin 201 (eBayed), 305 (RIP), 305, 920XT (eBayed), 630 (eBayed), Fenix 5 (eBayed), 935 (sold), Fenix 5plus
                  Suunto T6D, Ambit2, Spartan Ultra (eBayed), Suunto 9 Baro
                  Polar S625X

Comment

Same here, Fenix 5 Plus, Firmware 6.00.

Comment

If you need Wi-Fi more than you need BT, this post from Brychu worked for me.
                      In the last 12 hours or so I havent been able to sync via wifi, is there some known issue although connect status website is all green? I’ve removed and

Comment

I had this problem with wifi uploads. I noticed that if I go to Settings -> Phone -> State (press to Not in use) and after that wifi connects fluently!
                        (I noticed that my Garmin watch tries to connect to my phone but if it is not available (for example as I try to save battery and disable bluetooth). So that disturbs wifi connection attempts! So there must be a flaw is software (prioritizing bluetooth vs. wifi).

Comment

Working...
                        X