Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fenix 3 reeboots continuously (infinite reboot)

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fenix 3 reeboots continuously (infinite reboot)

Hello, yesterday I received my new fenix 3.
    This morning i was creating new sport activities inside the fenix when 3 when unexpectedaly the fenix 3 reboots.
    The problem is that the fenix is in an continups reboot cycle with the garmin logo appearing for already 15 seconds, then a litle blink of 1 second an starting again the reboot.
    I have probed the procedure of pressing for 30 seconds the up bottom while the unit starts but the problem persists...
    Than you very much

Maybe it is not charged, so it does not have a juice to start it and then reboots.

Comment

https://forums.garmin.com/showthread...100#post151100

Comment

thanks , but the watch does not enter in mass storage mode...
        i do the procedure of pressing the up boton with charger conected to the watch and to the computer but te fenix 3 is booting constantenty

Comment

Also tried to press the upper left button for about 30 seconds? (without pc connection)
          In use: fenix 5x, oregon 550t

Comment

yes..and the problem persists

Comment

Originally posted by SSINRER View Post
              yes..and the problem persists
              I was stuck in this horrible reboot pattern this morning and I did a master reset, everything is good for me now. Follow these intstructions;
              Steps for a master reset

Ensure watch is powered off
              Press and hold Back/Lap
              Power on device while continuing to hold Back/Lap
              Release Back/Lap button once "Clear user data?" message appears
              Select Yes

Hopefully this helps you out. I got into the endless reboot by applying a watch face from connect IQ so be careful using them until a firmware update comes out I am thinking, but could be way off base here. Good luck.

Comment

Same here with a watch face. I got my F3 last evening and after downloading the TRON face the watch started the reboot cycles. I could however connect it via USB and remove the watch face via GE. Afterwards it worked normal again. Hope this is helpful.

Comment

ajj...i probe it but teh problem persits!

Comment

Lifesaver! same thing happened to me, this saved me - apparently due to a watch face issue as well.

Comment

Hello...this is the solution!!
                      yesterday in the stand of garmin in Barcelona, a friend ask to a Garmin worker whats the procedure for a master hard reset in a garmin fenix 3.
                      He took this video, is in spanish but is very easy.
                      With the four buttons holded you have to release the start buton with the garmin start on, then when your listen to the first beep release the second buton, with the third beep release the third buton.
                      You have to reconfigure the unit but the problem is solved !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BAQu...ature=youtu.be

Comment

Yeah that didn't really work for me =(

Comment

Hi Guys,
                          I got the watch today, and its stuck in a perpetual reboot cycle after I tried to download a watch face from Connect IQ. I have tried all the options suggested above, but the problem still persists. When I try to pair it with my phone over bluetooth, I get the following error: "Requesting device identification file failed". Can someone please help?

Comment

Same

In my case I found the issue. The Garmin Connect app on Android is causing the issue. The app version is 3.1.3 has a new pair option that connects the device directly from the app (instead of the bluetooth setting on your phone) and this new pairing option is causing the watch to reboot

If I switch off the bluetooth on my phone the watch does not reboot anymore

I am syncing the watch by cable until they fix the phone app

I was using version 5.10 with only original watch faces
                            Last edited by Marco_Monteiro; 12-31-2015, 08:56 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

I can confirm this behaviour also on my watch. The rebooting problem started during this night. Stopped after switching the Bluetooth off. Hopefully they fix this soon.
                              JH (Oregon 450, Forerunner 610, Fenix 3 Grey)

Comment

Working...
                              X