Announcement

Collapse

Forum Upgrade

We’re excited to announce that the Garmin Forums will soon be moving to a new platform that should greatly improve our forum experience for everyone. We will update everyone as more information becomes available.
See more
See less

Slow GPS acquisition

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slow GPS acquisition

Every since the latest & greatest software update; My watch has been taking several minutes to find satellites. This happens regularly. And sometimes even right after I have already found satellites.

FYI Ver: 9.00

Comment

Hi K_Dawg ,

Can you please tell me what was the procedure of syncing your watch till now ? Through wifi or USB ? Have you been getting updated EPO through wifi ?

Comment

I update and sync via USB with Garmin Express. What also seems odd is when I disconnect from the computer my fenix 3 displays: "updating" for about 30 seconds. Same thing happens if I reconnect and disconnect again right away.

Comment

Do a master reset and setup everything by manually. I had the same/similar issue (i had lock (sometimes very slow on oper air ) and a few secs later it dropped and needed a min again to lock, or showed that the lock is complete, the ring was green, there were location coordinates also , i started to ride, and the watch didnt record any GPS coordinates

Comment

Working...
          X