This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fenix 3/Tactix Bravo/Quatix 3 - 8.35 Beta Release

Hello Beta software users,

Please find our latest beta at the link below.

As always, please be patient as the update propagates across all servers. No need to post that it's not updated yet.

You can find the update here: http://www8.garmin.com/support/downl...ls.jsp?id=9504

8.35 Change Log Notes:
    • Fixed an issue with the 'Distance per stroke' data field for paddle sports.
    • Fixed an issue where steps and floor history data were not populating correctly..

Please send all issues to the fenix3.beta@garmin.com address. Thank you again for your feedback.

Thanks again!

DPS now seems to work correctly.

Thanks for fixing this.

Comment

Weather widget showing bad data on the "Hourly" page. Last one or two entries show 1:00 Clear 0C 0% rain. In the example below there are two instances of 22:00.

Last edited by PubBike; 10-11-2017, 01:11 PM.

Comment

VO2max colour bands on watch do not match Garmin Connect.

Comment

Originally posted by PubBike View Post
          VO2max colour bands on watch do not match Garmin Connect.
          I like the colors used on the watch:

Comment

For sure the colours are nice

The problem for me is that the VO2max ranges (indicated by the colours) do not match the ranges on the VO2max widget in Garmin Connect.

The widget is correct according to the help, but the watch is wrong for example suggesting I'm in the middle of "Excellent" when actually only just above "Good".

I would be interested to see what the screen shot of your widget from a dashboard in Garmin Connect looks like as it may only be an issue for my age range. Would you like to post it?

Comment

What about fixing keys lock? Unlocking by any key holding without confirmation is useless.

Comment

Originally posted by gaijin View Post
                I like the colors used on the watch
                Also, the table has a range which matches your watch. Mine doesn't match any of the bands. Perhaps the bug is specific to my age range?

Comment

Originally posted by 3ABOTIN View Post
                  What about fixing keys lock? Unlocking by any key holding without confirmation is useless.
                  yes please! ski season is coming and with gloves.... we need it!

Comment

Normalized power from the fenix 3 disappears from the widget and report soon after upload, and possibly after viewing the activity. Training Effect doesn't appear at all. Normalized Power works fine with data from VIRB. Prior to viewing the activity I had one data point on the Normalized Power widget. After viewing the activity I went back to the report and it doesn't show any data.

Last edited by PubBike; 10-12-2017, 02:59 AM.

Comment

8.35 left me without watch faces or widgets, and it reset the language to "english". No other languages available on the watch, not even after a 2nd installation of 8.35.

Comment

Originally posted by PubBike View Post
                        For sure the colours are nice

The problem for me is that the VO2max ranges (indicated by the colours) do not match the ranges on the VO2max widget in Garmin Connect.

The widget is correct according to the help, but the watch is wrong for example suggesting I'm in the middle of "Excellent" when actually only just above "Good".

I would be interested to see what the screen shot of your widget from a dashboard in Garmin Connect looks like as it may only be an issue for my age range. Would you like to post it?
                        Sure. Here it is:

Looks like the colors match the watch; and I'm in the "Excellent" range on the watch, on Garmin Connect and on the table you cite. I'm a 67 year old male.

Are you sure you have all the variables in the "User Profile" on the watch, including Heart Rate Zones, set correctly?

HTH

Comment

Spot the difference...The bands don't look the same to me.

The green band straddles the middle point in the range. 41 looks like 41 on Garmin Connect but looks like 42 on the watch.
                          The superior band is much bigger than the Excellent band on Garmin Connect compared to the watch.
                          The red band is very small on the watch but takes up almost half the range on Garmin Connect.
                          Even if the watch only shows part of the range it still doesn't make sense because the bands do not have the same relative sizes.

Maybe the fenix 3 has some crazy non-linear mapping from VO2max to the scale, but it is more likely that they got the bands wrong vs Garmin Connect. The watch may be using an old table that has been updated since the fenix 3 was launched but the bands have not been adjusted.

For my age range the difference is more extreme. The fenix 3 puts me in the wrong band compared to Garmin Connect. The Garmin Connect plot matches the table in the manual however and is correct.
                          Last edited by PubBike; 10-12-2017, 09:37 AM.

Comment

I guess I'm just more forgiving than you. I see a BIG "41" in both that tells me my VO2 Max value. I see a pointer in the blue "Excellent" bar on both. When I "read" either graphic representation, I conclude my VO2 Max is 41 and excellent. I really don't see a problem.

Poor is red on both, Fair is orange on both, Good is green on both, Excellent is blue on both, and Superior is purple on both.

Certainly some compromises were made to translate a 270 degree graph in Garmin Connect to a 180 degree graph on the watch, but I really don't see how that changes one's interpretation of the information presented.

Obviously, YMMV.

HTH

Comment

By the way, could you share pics of your VO2 Max on your watch and in Garmin Connect? Maybe I'm missing something.

TIA

Comment

Working...
                              X