No announcement yet.

3.6 Bug with resume later

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3.6 Bug with resume later

In 3.4 and before if i user resume later for cycling, I would end up with a multisport activity wich was fine.
    In 3.6 they broke something. When you try to resume, pace / speed field is dead and watch is not recording anything.
    Had to start a new activity from scratch to make it record again.
    Fenix 5 - „X” specific - missing features – list updated for current firmware

Same here!
    "Resume later" does not work with firmware 3.6.

Comment

I can confirm this. This is happening when you try to resume an activity after you press resume later , and be some minutes out of the activity.
      Then when you try to resume the gps is not working.

I have a workaround that i use , but i dont know if others would like it.
      I use the long press of LAP button shortcut to Save position.
      When i want to resume my activity , the gps is not working, i long press the lap button , the watch tries to aquire the location triggering the gps ON .When the watch beeps (it locks position) i press back and then start to resume my activity
      The gps with this method is on and working.

I dont know if this can help with the workout not saving gps tracks issue.

Comment

And one of the advertised fixes in 3.6 is:
        • Fixed potential issues with 'Resume Later' app option.

Comment

Fix one thing break another

Yup, fixed the issue with resume later turning into multisport but now the GPS track is not recorded once you resume the activity.

This usually falls under regression testing... Garmin really needs to work on their dev process if they want to keep releasing "outdoor" watches at this yearly rate.

Comment

So, multi-sport thing was a bug that need to be fixed? I honestly liked the way it worked.

On the bright side: gps is actually working better.

Comment

I already faced this bug during a hike last week with fw 3.4. Like Mourk.D I was able to fix it without starting a new activity by using "save position". At least the paused activity is not split up as a multisport activity anymore:

https://connect.garmin.com/modern/activity/808590536

I paused the activity at ~3:12 and was able to re-enabled GPS at ~3:23.

Comment

and I still think multisport was a nice feature not a bug... going for a support ticket with it!

Comment

Originally posted by B1AZK0 View Post
                  and I still think multisport was a nice feature not a bug... going for a support ticket with it!
                  While I don't have an opinion on which makes more sense, this is a perfect example of the conundrum that Garmin is put in.

Lots of people complain about making it a multisport, they "fix it".

After they change it, people complain that they changed it and want it changed back.

(This is not a knock on you, but it's just a crappy situation all around)

Comment

I don't think there is room for discussion here. If we want a multi spot activity we can have it normal way. We want to resume the activity. And it's not fixed

Comment

Now GPS is down after stopping an activity and resuming it after some minutes (without "resume later"). This worked flawless in all previous versions, but now I lost half of my activity.

Comment

Originally posted by Mourk.D View Post
                        I don't think there is room for discussion here. If we want a multi spot activity we can have it normal way. We want to resume the activity. And it's not fixed
                        Exactly, there is an app just for Multisport. I expect resume to resume what ever app I paused before.

From the Owner's Manual "To suspend your activity and resume it at a later time, select Resume Later."

Now if I resume a multisport and get another multisport which multisport am I resuming? Think about that! It's like Inception!

Comment

Open a ticket

...and please open a support ticket so it get's on the radar for the next FW update.

Comment

Originally posted by mjulianb_ View Post
                            While I don't have an opinion on which makes more sense, this is a perfect example of the conundrum that Garmin is put in.

Lots of people complain about making it a multisport, they "fix it".

After they change it, people complain that they changed it and want it changed back.

(This is not a knock on you, but it's just a crappy situation all around)
                            I would disagree...
                            One thing is, what i got used to, and a completely different thing is "fixing stuff".
                            If by fixing G, considers making features unusable and broken than fine - they heard complains and act accordingly...

I complain, because resume is not working at all. And it did before. In a way that I liked (but thats a different issue).

The cunundrum wouldnt be here if changed features would work at all.

Comment

Be prepared to explain the issue twice once support tells you that 3.6 fixes the problem. They immediately assumed I had not yet applied the fix. Maybe a preemptive "I have 3.6" in your email (if you choose that method.) will avoid this...

Apparently the first rule of Garmin support training is to assume that the customer is dumb?!

Comment

Working...
                              X