No announcement yet.

Imported GPX tracks are not visible.

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Imported GPX tracks are not visible.

I'm still trying to figure out how to use Garmin Explore/inReach. When I imported a number of tracks in one GPX file today, they were not visible on the inreach web site and nothing I could do as far as selecting layer visibility (eye icon) would make them visible. Whereas they are visible in the Explore app on my iPhone. Is there a way to manage the visibility of GPX tracks on the web site that I might be missing? Any suggestions?

I am seeing the same thing. If I import a GPX as a Track it does not show on the map, if I import the same GPX as a Route, then it does show on the map. Of course when importing as a Route the GPX is reduced to 200 points only. I think this is a bug with the explore website.

Comment

i don't really use either / both of the features, but for GPX as route - when you do the import, it DOES say that it will reduce the points to 200 only. So... shruggie..

Comment

Try clicking the "center selected user on map" button in the top Left corner. looks like a cross hair.
        Center USer ICon.PNG

then zoom into that user location and press the plus icon next to the user on the map. have attached screen shots to show what i mean.
        Hope this helps.

USer On MAp.JPG

Last edited by craigsam; 01-30-2019, 12:28 AM.

Comment

THanks for the suggestion, craigsam. Trying that doesn't change things as I am not necessarily looking for what I am doing now. But rather manage what I am planning on doing so I can load it to my watch. Tracks in the Library remain hidden on the web map.

Comment

just tryed to import gpx tracks downloaded from a mountaineering page to import as "Track" and as "Route" can see both without problems on the webpage and in the app. maybe try another gpx file, from another source.

2nd option: are you sure you don't have a collection which is set to non visible (the eye symbol with the crossed line) where you import it?
            Fenix 5X

Comment

Originally posted by Pooneil View Post
              THanks for the suggestion, craigsam. Trying that doesn't change things as I am not necessarily looking for what I am doing now. But rather manage what I am planning on doing so I can load it to my watch. Tracks in the Library remain hidden on the web map.
              Hi, I understand your not trying to mange what your doing now but this seems to affect all tracks visibility on the web map.Did you try it ? it resolved the same issue for me.

Craig

Comment

Originally posted by craigsam View Post

Hi, I understand your not trying to mange what your doing now but this seems to affect all tracks visibility on the web map.Did you try it ? it resolved the same issue for me.

Craig
                I took a second look at what you said here and realised I had not understood it at all the first time. Following your specific instructions this time, the tracks were revealed on the web site. Thanks a lot for sticking with this and making a second post.

It is beyond me why this feature is implemented like this. Something so miniscule and non-intuitive. I get very frustrated with Garmin's web design. I used to think the hardware was dificult to learn, but because there were only a few buttons and they were labeled, it was tractable. But the Garmin web and hardware integration is mind numbingly dificult to figure out. Anything on a web page can be important but it needn't look important, be apparently related to the function or be labeled. Buttons on the apps don't have labels or the labels don't mean what they should seem to mean.

If only there was an alternative, I'd start migrating my hardware. And the stupid captcha on this site times out so quickly, that it makes posting more dificult than it need be, no wonder the forum is so dead. Garmin is is really not helping users much here.

Thanks again Craig for the detailed answer. I'm in the middle of planning a big trip and this really helps me organize my data.
                Last edited by Pooneil; 03-07-2019, 04:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Pooneil View Post

I took a second look at what you said here and realised I had not understood it at all the first time. Following your specific instructions this time, the tracks were revealed on the web site. Thanks a lot for sticking with this and making a second post.

It is beyond me why this feature is implemented like this. Something so miniscule and non-intuitive. I get very frustrated with Garmin's web design. I used to think the hardware was dificult to learn, but because there were only a few buttons and they were labeled, it was tractable. But the Garmin web and hardware integration is mind numbingly dificult to figure out. Anything on a web page can be important but it needn't look important, be apparently related to the function or be labeled. Buttons on the apps don't have labels or the labels don't mean what they should seem to mean.

If only there was an alternative, I'd start migrating my hardware. And the stupid captcha on this site times out so quickly, that it makes posting more dificult than it need be, no wonder the forum is so dead. Garmin is is really not helping users much here.

Thanks again Craig for the detailed answer. I'm in the middle of planning a big trip and this really helps me organize my data.
                  Hi Pooneil, Glad i could help mate. I spent a lot of time trying to work out what the heck was going on LOL

Comment

Working...
                  X