No announcement yet.

VIRB Elite - editing video and including G-Metrix

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VIRB Elite - editing video and including G-Metrix

Hello, I'm thinking of upgrading from VIRB Basic to VIRB Elite for the G-Metrix capability but I have a question. I use my camera for making videos of my motorcycle rides. I'm wondering how easy or difficult that editing will be with G-Metrix. The reason I ask is because I record when things get interesting and stop when they're not. I know G-Metrix will be recorded anytime the camera is recording (per how I would have it set) but my concern is when I edit those videos. So I import a clip into the editing software & add the G-Metrix. If I trim that clip down will it trim the G-Metrix accordingly or are there extra steps? I'll typically have 25-35 clips of varying lengths...usually no more than 3 minutes each. I then trim each of those clips as I add them to the video, splicing them with transitions.

If that all happens automatically as I trim each clip then I'm going to get the Elite. If it's too much of a hassle then I'll stick with my Basic and just not have the G-Metrix.

Thanks!

PS - The reason I don't continuously record is 1) battery life and 2) editing one 24 minute video takes WAY longer than editing multiple 2 to 3 minute clips!

Got my answer from a YouTuber who makes MC videos. He says what I figured...but I wasn't sure. Import clips, add G-Metrix, export, and then edit all you want. Sweet!

Comment

Well, when you finally get ready to finish the video and hit 'Export Video' (or whatever it's called, haven't used it in so long) you better be ready to go on a European Vacation, that's how long it will take to process everything...MIGHT be ready when you get back, but don't count on it.

Comment

Originally posted by TEAM_360 View Post
        Well, when you finally get ready to finish the video and hit 'Export Video' (or whatever it's called, haven't used it in so long) you better be ready to go on a European Vacation, that's how long it will take to process everything...MIGHT be ready when you get back, but don't count on it.
        Even if those clips are only 2 to 3 minutes long? Plan is to do that for the video clips, export them with g-metrix, and then import them into Windows Movie Maker where I would then trim them to include only the parts I want, add credits, soundtrack, etc....

Comment

It's painfully slow. Can't stand it. There HAS to be a better way, but I don't do overlays anymore because of the time it takes.

Comment

Originally posted by TEAM_360 View Post
            It's painfully slow. Can't stand it. There HAS to be a better way, but I don't do overlays anymore because of the time it takes.
            That makes sense...I mean you're adding data to a video file so I get that. I'm just hoping it's not too bad with the shorter clips.

And I appreciate your response!

Comment

Working...
            X