No announcement yet.

Virb Ultra 30

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Virb Ultra 30

I am looking for a method of turning the camera on/off remotely, is this possible?
    TIA
    Paul

See pp 11-12 of the manual on "Enabling the Remote Wake Up Feature".

Comment

Thanks for the reply but I think I should have phrased my question differently.
      I need to turn the camera on/off remotely as the camera is fitted to the front of my motorcycle.
      When I am riding it is not safe for me to reach the camera.
      The other solution is to wire the camera up with an external power source but I know you can`t do this while it is in the waterproof case.
      I did think about going Gopro but I like the idea of controlling the camera with my sat nav, I hope this does not prove to be a mistake in choosing the Virb!!

Comment

The original question was stated very clearly.

And the Virb can be turned on (or more technically, woken from its low-power state) remotely, as per the manual, above. But it can't be turned off remotely; once awake, it stays on until turned off.

Comment

Thank you

Comment

Hi, i've bought the small Virb-remoteControll and picked it on the left motobikehandlebar. It works well!

Comment

I´m using my watch for that.
              Good enough for selfies or selfie-videos. I don´t use the remote wakeup feature. It consumes the battery nearly faster, then having it fully turned on
              Devices: Forerunner 405, Vivoactive & Virb X & XE
              GitHub: Read diagnostic system via Bluetooth
              YouTube: My channel
              App: Stretch

Comment

I have the Virb Ultra paired with my Sat Nav but the problem is it will take pictures and videos but not turn it on or off.
                The remote wake up is ok but it still cant turn it off.

Comment

Working...
                X