Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Virb 360 maximum shutter speed (longest not fastest)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Virb 360 maximum shutter speed (longest not fastest)

I've been happy with the extended time lapse, I want to do time lapses that straddle sunset and start to pick up stars, or pictures by campfire. The specs at link below show 30 second shutter, but I haven't been able to get anything longer than 1 second. I'm hoping this is just temporary limitation of initial release that will be addressed with a firmware update?
    http://www8.garmin.com/automotive/pd...B360-specs.pdf

I know there isn't a manual way to set the shutter speed, but aperture is fixed, and I can lock ISO to 100 (although EXIF data shows 141). I even used +2 exposure compensation did exposure bracketing, and put camera in a black bag, but can't get beyond 1 second. I can se more with ISO 800, but why to that when I have a tripod.

I'd appreciate feedback anyone can give me on this. I know this won't provide DSLR night photos, but needs to have some capability.

If it's like the Ultra menu try selecting Photo=>Time Lapse=>Type[Night] then you can get up to 60sec exposures and up to 60min intervals.

Again - it would be great if there was a combined Extended/Night mode option to get the programmable timer function and sleep mode please Garmin

Also a RAW option would be nice in Night mode for the Ultra.

Comment

I don't see any type of Night mode in normal or extended time lapse, and even just manually taking a single photo, I can't get it to photo with exposure time of more than 1 second (even though 30sec) listed in specs. I'm hoping this is something firmware update can fix.

Comment

Working...
      X