No announcement yet.

External GPS with Virb Ultra 30

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• External GPS with Virb Ultra 30

I have a Dual XGPS160 bluetooth GPS device that I used with my previous GoPro setup. I can see that the Virb U30 can attach multiple sensors, I can also add the XGPS160 as a BT device on the U30. I just don't see a way to have the U30 use the external GPS/Glonass signal vice the internal one. Or is the Virb smart enough to sync to the XGPS160 when it adds it as BT? Is this even possible? Thx.

Did you ever test this out, or does anyone have an answer? I use my camera in a car, and I prefer the view with the camera mounted in the center of the cabin of the car, but the signal is obviously nowhere near as good there as it is when it's mounted on the windshield or something. I would love to be able to use an external GPS if possible.

Comment

Originally posted by AndyW View Post
      I just don't see a way to have the U30 use the external GPS/Glonass signal vice the internal one.
      Have you tried to disable internal GPS? Can you also see stable green BT icon in wireless panel in the main menu?

I am trying to do similar trick but even more unusual - connect my Xperia XZ3 as an external GPS/GLONASS via Bluetooth GPS Output app. VIRB Ultra 30 sees the phone, but the BT logo in wireless panel is blinking showing me something is wrong.

Comment

Working...
      X