Announcement

Collapse

Forum Upgrade

We’re excited to announce that the Garmin Forums will soon be moving to a new platform that should greatly improve our forum experience for everyone. We will update everyone as more information becomes available.
See more
See less

VIRB Edit 5.3.1 is now available

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VIRB Edit 5.3.1 is now available

Hi Everyone,

VIRB Edit release 5.3.1 for Win is now available. You can download it from here. The in-app update will be live soon.

This update fixes the issue where no overlays were exported in 2-D clips.

InApp-Installer still does not work
    Even if executed as Administrator.

But Gauges are back, which is good
    Devices: Forerunner 405, Vivoactive & Virb X & XE
    GitHub: Read diagnostic system via Bluetooth
    YouTube: My channel
    App: Stretch

Comment

5.3.1 did properly process a title in Export and did not crash my Dell Desktop as many of the iterations from 3.6 onward did.
      Never too old to have a happy childhood!

Comment

thumbs up, finally working again

Comment

Originally posted by HerrRiebmann View Post
          InApp-Installer still does not work
          Even if executed as Administrator.

But Gauges are back, which is good
          I did a 'clean' install after having uninstalled the previous version.

Comment

Great - thanks for the fix!

Comment

How did you guys get it to stop doing this? It happens every time I try to open or edit a video.

Comment

Guys
                cant install Virb edit tried as admin etc. but comes up with below error

Comment

No one can help you, if you don´t attach the mentioned log file.
                  It will tell us (or better Garmin) what happend and why it cannot be installed.

Comment

Originally posted by crey321 View Post
                    Guys
                    cant install Virb edit tried as admin etc. but comes up with below error
                    Hello crey321,

I am familiar with that error. It usually displays when your PC doesn't meet certain requirements:

1. You are running Windows 7 without SP1
                    2. You have a 32 bit PC (VIRB Edit is now 64 bit as of VIRB Edit version 5.3 - See Change History on VIRB Edit Download page)
                    3. Your PC not being connected to the internet can also cause this error
                    Last edited by Reyntest; 02-14-2018, 05:09 PM. Reason: Added version in which the app became 64bit

Comment

Any way to get a 32bit version still? can't find a link anywhere for it.

Comment

Originally posted by swixtt View Post
                        Any way to get a 32bit version still? can't find a link anywhere for it.
                        Use a prior version of VIRB Edit that supports 32 bit - off handedly I don't know what version that is.

Comment

Not sure where to post requests for enhancements so hopefully this is a good enough place.

It would be nice to be able to simply truncate clips without any other processing to save disk space and save them for later editing. Unless I am missing something, right now you need to edit and export the video which probably takes more computing than simply truncating the source clip. Not sure if any features are lost by doing this - G-metrix, stabilization, etc.

In the Hyperframe director mode, the transitions feature doesn't seem to work well with other features. I think I could work around them by exporting a video with no transition effects, and then redoing it in another pass, but it doesn't seem like that was the intent.

stabilization - the stabilization doesn't seem to work during that transition period, maybe the program is doing the transition effect first, then trying to stabilize?

camera angle - if you want the ending clip to end with a different camera angle than the next clip, there's no way to specify that.

camera moves - if you enable transition effects after you specify all of your camera moves, you have to redo them all because the program doesn't readjust for the time shortened because of the overlapping clips.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Iwadog View Post
                            It would be nice to be able to simply truncate clips without any other processing to save disk space and save them for later editing. Unless I am missing something, right now you need to edit and export the video which probably takes more computing than simply truncating the source clip. Not sure if any features are lost by doing this - G-metrix, stabilization, etc.
                            +1
                            Exactly what I mentioned here

Comment

these days I deal with a problem with it vird edit.while my program has been running right now and now, I've been backing up 25 minutes of flying video today and doing it export video it comes out with jello effect. I use the 5.1.3 version for many months and now totally suddenly doing this. I put the new version 5.3.1 and corrected it the jello effect but the picth and roll not working. Any idea to fix this?

Comment

Working...
                              X