This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VIRB Edit 5.1.4 is now available

Hi Everyone,

VIRB Edit release 5.1.4 for Win is now available. You can download it from here.

Unfortunately, we are still experiencing issues with the in-application update. So, if the in-application update doesn't work for you then please download the release from here.

Here's a summary of issues fixed in this release:
    • Fixed crash and export failure when attempting to export a project containing a photo
    • Fixed stray pixel lines in exported videos
    • Fixed audio volume adjustment not working for music
    • Fixed crash in auto create
    • Fixed hidden custom templates on G-Metrix view
    • Fixed firmware update prompt when already up to date
    • Fixed projects displaying corrupted clip message requiring app restart when the Performance Tip popup displays a second time in auto created projects.

Here we go again! Here's hoping there is success this time.
    Never too old to have a happy childhood!

Comment

WELL! I was able to Import 3 files from my VIRB Elite which aggregated 53 minutes in length, Edit and add a overlay to the imported files to create a video and EXPORT the video. This was all done on my W10 Laptop.

As info, I Uninstalled the prior version of VIRB Edit. And did a Clean Install from the link provided in Post #1 of this thread.

What is the purpose of the Excel file that is saved along with the completed video and the gpx file?
      Last edited by mmi16; 09-12-2017, 09:56 PM.

Comment

mmi16 Thanks for your feedback. The CSV output at export contains MISB compliant data that can be used with a third party tool to generate FMV (Full Motion Video). For details please see:
        https://geonet.esri.com/community/gi...ort-arcgis-fmv

GPX is a common file format for exchanging all kinds of GPS types of information (position, elevation, heart rate, temperature, etc). This is provided based on requests from users to review the track corresponding to the video in third party tools.

Comment

Originally posted by equinox1234 View Post
          mmi16 Thanks for your feedback. The CSV output at export contains MISB compliant data that can be used with a third party tool to generate FMV (Full Motion Video). For details please see:
          https://geonet.esri.com/community/gi...ort-arcgis-fmv

GPX is a common file format for exchanging all kinds of GPS types of information (position, elevation, heart rate, temperature, etc). This is provided based on requests from users to review the track corresponding to the video in third party tools.
          From using VIRB 3.6 I am accustomed to getting the GPX files. The CSV files are new to me.

Comment

The link you listed to explain the CSV output is restricted to authorized users - needless to say I am not authorized.

Comment

The screen wide horizontal Altitude graph only shows the meters count and not the graph line, other things like circuit shape route works fine.
              In the preview the altitude graph is shown but with export only the numeric value pops up.

Windows 10 64bit

Comment

App freezes as soon as I try to edit an existing video. Haven't been able to process a single video since I've had this camera due to the software not working correctly. Reminds me of the early days of Basecamp.

Comment

Originally posted by MLRickards View Post
                  App freezes as soon as I try to edit an existing video. Haven't been able to process a single video since I've had this camera due to the software not working correctly. Reminds me of the early days of Basecamp.
                  VIRB Edit 3.6 may not have all the bells and whistles but it works. Do a uninstall of the current issue of VIRB Edit and then a clean install of 3.6

Comment

VIRB Edit continues to crash on my machine even after updating to 5.1.4. Haven't been able to play or create a video since 4.2.3

Comment

Originally posted by TexasChip View Post
                      VIRB Edit continues to crash on my machine even after updating to 5.1.4. Haven't been able to play or create a video since 4.2.3
                      Was 5.1.4 done as a clean install or a 'update' to the previously installed version?

Comment

VIRB Edit continues to crash on my machine even after updating to 5.1.4....(
                        Same here. Version 5.1.4 didn't seem to bring any improvements. Still crashes when playing certain videos. Still needs to be re-started.

And no, I didn't do a clean install. I installed it as an "update" according to the installation directions.
                        http://www8.garmin.com/support/downl...s.jsp?id=6591#

Since it always seems to happen that I get a couple clips which are somehow "corrupted" I'm starting to wonder if the Virb Ultra 30 itself has some hardware problems. I'm using a recommended memory card, and have checked the memory card for faulty blocks, no errors reported. Doubtful it's my computer during the file transfer. Which leaves either Virb Edit, or the Virb Ultra 30.....

Starting to have thoughts again about returning it to the place of purchase as faulty merchandise under the 1year warranty.....

P.S. for those of you who did a "clean" install, how did you save the G-Metrix data? Video clips themselves are saved in My Videos folder, but Virb Edit puts the G-Metrix files some other place. Don't want to have those wiped out by first uninstalling the program before performing a clean install of the new version....
                        Last edited by CharlesMooreIII; 09-18-2017, 07:19 PM. Reason: Added P.S.

Comment

Clean Installs only remove the files that are a part of the VIRB Edit process itself - not the data that gets Imported from cameras that VIRB Edit processes. Video and G-metrix files that get Imported remain on your computer when you do a Uninstall of VIRB Edit and remain available to the new version of VIRB Edit when it gets installed.

Comment

Same here. How hard is it to release an update that can actually export a video??!

Comment

Working...
                            X