No announcement yet.

Loading Custom POI's into Garmin Nuvi 3597 Issue

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Loading Custom POI's into Garmin Nuvi 3597 Issue

Hi there, I have been updating my POI's to load into my new Nuvi 3597... my problem is, if I load them with POI Loader set to express mode, the POI's show in the GPS correctly but the "GO" button is not accessible. Can't navigate to the POI's. I found if I use POI loader in manual mode and uncheck the proximity alert for each, all is fine. I do not want to do this every time I add a new custom POI to the list.

I edit my csv files with excel using columns A-D A) Long B) Lat C) Title D) Desciption

Any advice?

My gess is that you have numbers in file name or folder name.
    -Vestenfjell

Comment

Originally posted by INTERDANTE View Post
      My gess is that you have numbers in file name or folder name.
      Indeed I do... I have numbers in both the folder and file names. Is there anyway to get past this, either by arranging where the numbers are in the name. I don't want to remove the numbers as they are needed.

Thanks for your reply....

Craig

Comment

Numbers in file/folder names gives alert in your poi file regardless how they are are organized.
        1 to 199 in metric/1 to 124 in imperial give speed alert (the Go buttond disappear in US modells), and 200+ metic/125+ imperial gives 400m/0.24 miles proximity ( "Go" button is still there).
        -Vestenfjell

Comment

Thanks...

Removing the numbers from the folder names did the trick. Express mode works fine now and the "Go" button is active.

Craig

Comment

Working...
          X