Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Importing GPS Waypoints to MapSource - How?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Importing GPS Waypoints to MapSource - How?

    Even though I check "Waypoints" when importing from the Oregon 550 to MapSource, they are not imported. What's wrong?
    Garmin Oregon 550.

  • #2
    Addition to my question.

    I must add that these are "old" waypoints created with previous GPS units, that I've succeeded in sending to my new Oregon 550 GPS.

    I would now like to import them in MapSource from the GPS, because I will now be adding new waypoints with time, directly from the GPS.
    Garmin Oregon 550.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by BELLAVANCE View Post
      Even though I check "Waypoints" when importing from the Oregon 550 to MapSource, they are not imported. What's wrong?
      Step 1: Open mapsource
      Step 2: Plug gps to USB on your computer. When gps is recognized by usb, Click on the toolbar first button, picture of gps with arrow up.( Receive from device) Receive from device box will open ,(Displayng gps id. no.) and you check waypoints box, and click receive. The waypoints will be transferred to left pane of the mapsource under waypoint tab. Select FILE save as, give the name and save in location of your choice. If your computer does not see your gps make sure your Garmin usb driver is up to date.

      Also if you don’t see the waypoints in the left pane MAKE SURE the waypoint tab is selected.
      Last edited by Rudy_P; 02-14-2010, 10:15 AM.

      Comment


      • #4
        I do this but it doesn't work.

        This is EXACTLY what I've been doing. Computer sees GPS since I was able to install maps on it. I choose to upload from GPS, check Waypoints, but they don't get uploaded to computer.
        Garmin Oregon 550.

        Comment


        • #5
          Maps and Track get uploaded, but not Waypoints.

          When I select Receive from Device and check all boxes, Maps and Track get uploaded, but not Waypoints, and they ARE on the GPS.
          Garmin Oregon 550.

          Comment


          • #6
            Just guessing here. Make a new waypoint using the 550 and then see if MapSource will download it. If so then explore the 550 and see where the new waypoint is and what the data looks like compared to the ones that will not download. Might be a format thing.
            Don Huston
            San Diego, CA.
            United States

            Comment


            • #7
              I'll try it right away.

              Originally posted by DATEZZ View Post
              Just guessing here. Make a new waypoint using the 550 and then see if MapSource will download it. If so then explore the 550 and see where the new waypoint is and what the data looks like compared to the ones that will not download. Might be a format thing.
              Garmin Oregon 550.

              Comment


              • #8
                Waypoints created on the GPS are not transferred.

                I went outside, and created two waypoints, 001 and 002. These appear on the GPS but were not transferred to MapSource...

                By the way, this is Version 6.15.11 of MapSource.

                Originally posted by DATEZZ View Post
                Just guessing here. Make a new waypoint using the 550 and then see if MapSource will download it. If so then explore the 550 and see where the new waypoint is and what the data looks like compared to the ones that will not download. Might be a format thing.
                Garmin Oregon 550.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by BELLAVANCE View Post
                  I went outside, and created two waypoints, 001 and 002. These appear on the GPS but were not transferred to MapSource...

                  By the way, this is Version 6.15.11 of MapSource.
                  Try the reverse. Make a waypoint in the mapsource and load it to gps.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I created a waypoint in MapSource, and it was transferred to the GPS.

                    However, this waypoint was not transferred back to MapSource from the GPS.

                    It looks like it's a one way problem.

                    Originally posted by RUDY_P View Post
                    Try the reverse. Make a waypoint in the mapsource and load it to gps.
                    Garmin Oregon 550.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by BELLAVANCE View Post
                      I went outside, and created two waypoints, 001 and 002. These appear on the GPS but were not transferred to MapSource...

                      By the way, this is Version 6.15.11 of MapSource.

                      Do you get the TRANSFER COMPLETE box with message THE DATA WAS SUCCESSFULLY RECEIVED Message? And if you do check the box TURN OFF GPS AFTER EACH TRANSFER and try again.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        My 705 will not transfer waypoints. The 405 will not transfer waypoints. Check out this thread in the 405 forum.
                        https://forums.garmin.com/showthread.php?t=5796

                        Looks like it's a oneway deal just like BELLAVANCE thought
                        Don Huston
                        San Diego, CA.
                        United States

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Yes, it says the data was successfully received. Maps and tracks are effectively transferred, but not waypoints. I see no box for turning GPS off after transfer, but it turns off when I disconnect it.

                          Originally posted by RUDY_P View Post
                          Do you get the TRANSFER COMPLETE box with message THE DATA WAS SUCCESSFULLY RECEIVED Message? And if you do check the box TURN OFF GPS AFTER EACH TRANSFER and try again.
                          Garmin Oregon 550.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            This is ridiculous. Wake up, Mr Garmin !

                            Let's say you travel and create waypoints. You then have no way of transferring them to MapSource to see them on your map?

                            Originally posted by DATEZZ View Post
                            My 705 will not transfer waypoints. The 405 will not transfer waypoints. Check out this thread in the 405 forum.
                            https://forums.garmin.com/showthread.php?t=5796

                            Looks like it's a oneway deal just like BELLAVANCE thought
                            Garmin Oregon 550.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              There's a Garmin rep answering in this other thread, so I aksed my question there. I'll see what he answers.

                              Originally posted by DATEZZ View Post
                              My 705 will not transfer waypoints. The 405 will not transfer waypoints. Check out this thread in the 405 forum.
                              https://forums.garmin.com/showthread.php?t=5796

                              Looks like it's a oneway deal just like BELLAVANCE thought
                              Garmin Oregon 550.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X